.hack\\Wave

Posting and discussion of fanart, cosplay, and fanfics.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

En der
Legend

.hack\\Wave

Post by En der »

(I can't find anywhere else to share this all the forums I go to are .hack haters, so...)

(Oh, and this Fanfic has some mild language. If I'm not allowed to have it, please say so and I'll bleep them out.)

... a girl in white...
stood over me...
and beckoned to me with her hand...
... I longed to touch it...
... reached out...
... and she disappeared within rising bands of symbols...
... I tried followed her, not knowing where she had gone...
... I found myself in a town, full of dreams...
... and she laughed, the sounds ringing in my ears...

The loud ringing of my alarm clock screamed out loud as I woke up in a jolt. The dim of my meager room slowly focused into my red eyes, reminding me of what I was, with the cobwebs that dangled off the ceiling sending a clear message, "You don't belong here."

I bumped my head against the wall behind my head ("5th time this week," I muttered to myself), and slowly rose from the blanket I had stolen from my mom's hamper, only to have my forehead meet a raindrop.

Of all days. It was raining.

But I suppose I should've been grateful; I needed a shower, so I glanced at the clock and my heart almost stopped with a jolt. It was already 6:30; if I left now, I'd probably get to school with only 15 minutes to spare. Opening the door to my room, hoping my mom wasn't still sleeping in her bed, I grabbed my backpack, my "The World" headset which I had saved up for since last year, and took a quick look in mother's mirror to check if anything was out of place.

Nothing. Same albino face, same 12 year old face, same straight white hair... some said I looked like some sort of surfer. I was nothing of the sort, of course; I've never even been to the beach before. They don't have any, here in Sacramento.

Dashing out of the room and into the hall, I slowed to a creep as I neared the open door of the kitchen, and stopped an inch before the door frame. Sure enough, I heard the banging pots of her making breakfast... for herself, no doubt. Even more slowly, I inched my eye sideways, trying to see where she was. Miraculously, she had her back to me, washing the dishes. I muffled my steps as I crossed the open door, towards my freedom waiting for me at the black door that was our entrance. But my heart stopped when her head spun... but only halfway.

"DANNY, YOU BASTARD!!!! GET UP!!!!" she shouted, apparently shouting towards the bedroom. I bolted to the front door immediately, and ran out into the pouring rain.

Fortunately, the rain managed to speed my up twice as fast as I normally ran, and managed to reach school with about less than an hour before classes started. Eager to play The World, I headed towards the computer lab, and found only one terminal occupied.

Terry was one of those geeks you saw who ate alone and went straight home after school. Not exactly a mama's boy, but kind of wimpy. It was him that used the same computer terminal every day, wearing a VR headset, or crouching down and typing with his face close to the screen with a hint of a faint grin as he tried to imagine himself being sucked into the screen. Still, it wasn't in every life that someone found a rare item in The World almost daily, so it was an advantage knowing him.

"What's up?" I said animatedly to him, activating the adjacent terminal and typing in my login info.

"Nothing..." he responded, giving a slight shrug. My shoulders drooped a little; I had forgotten he didn't talk much. The welcoming notes of my account chimed in as my desktop loaded up and the start menu appeared.

"So..." I said, trying to start up some conversation. However, I was instantly distracted as an e-mail reminder showed up. Approximately 600 unread messages is in your inbox. Surprised, I opened up the topic list, which the school provided for filtering out spammers by checking the subjects, and was even more intrigued when I checked the first e-mail.

To: Danco@TheWorld.com
Subject: H£¶œ?å??

"What the hell is this..." I muttered, highlighting the message and pressing Delete. Knowing what the next e-mail was going to be, I clicked on it anyway.

To: Danco@TheWorld.com
Subject: Aœ?é¡™£??

This one, I opened...
*Insert line full of moral and wisdom*
(The name is ENDER!!!!)
hALEYhACKER
Lowbie

Post by hALEYhACKER »

and took a quick look in mother's mirror to check if anything was out of place.

That is a good story but what do u mean by the above exerpt? is Danny wearing a mask? Or is this plot info to be released later? Other than that little bit of confusion, you have a good fanfic with lots of potential, but I think you should add more detail, like emotions, the way the rain feels falling on Dannys head, or the fear instilled in him by his mother.[/quote]
Don't Judge Me By How You See Me, Judge Me By How You Know Me.
-hALEYhACKER/JRHACKER
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

Actually it seems to me that the emotions have this weird sort of way of showing up even if he didn't state what they are.

Or is it just me?

Either way, the story has a lot of potential.
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."