Dark/Evil/Alt. Kite cosplay!

Posting and discussion of fanart, cosplay, and fanfics.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

MeultimaSama wrote: Strange idea: If you can colour your mohawk green, maybe you could trim it off and paste it around the edges of the hat...eh.
Isn't that something...I was digging around the old pictures I have of my mohawk (I always take a pic or so when I do a new color) and I found a color that might just match...and I actually like that idea, since my mohawk's pretty long now (around 6-7 inches standing up X_X) I like that idea!

EDIT: Turns out, if I was to do that, I'd need a lot more hair....especially for the back...however, I am now in possesion of red pants!

EDIT2: Whoo hoo! I now have my weapons done; I just have to paint them. They aren't exact (they're missing a bump and some curvature) but I'm satisfied with them! Although they are a bit heavy. I'll post pics of them later.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

For the bumps and stuff, you could use some quick-dry moulding paste to fix it here and there. The weapon looks somewhat wooden in the concept art...

If you don't have enough hair, you could...use a broom. o_o Well, if you're desperate. And I mean one of those green-coloured sweeps...
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Update again!

Yes, it is quite late now (1:56 AM) but I decided to post on the current status! I've still yet to paint my weaponry, although now I've discovered that I might not even be able to have them at AN @_@. I'm getting one of those Jamacian-like hats and covering it with the approiate cloths (for Kite's Hat) Since I haven't been able to find 16+ belt buckels of various sizes, I'm being cheap and painting them on XD. Overall, the costume looks pretty shabby, in a bad kinda way @_@. It's not fully done though (weapon paint, hair, boots, stitches/staples, hat, gloves) but I def. should have considered trying to make this a wee bit earlier...oh well! I'll post pics (unlike last time, when I said I would but didn't) once I'm fully done!
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

Coulda been worse.

*Hasn't made an anime costume since...he was born?*

Yep. Then again, I'd look bad in about 75% of them so...
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Alright! Finally! Con is now over (for 2 days) and I only have a few pics! I got 53 taken, but only the one taken by A Fan's View and the ones I took at home have shown @_@ Oh, and it turns out that my blades weren't allowed :/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/ ... CN0086.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v418/ ... 7a0230.jpg

Those are the only two so far....Although now I see just how much I'm missing...basically all the belts (which I thought were kewl @_@) earflaps, hair in the back, arm "bolts", leg "bolts", and the bag on back. It was so cool though, because most people were like "Wait, did you run out of Orange for Kite?" Wait, that wasn't the cool part X_X. Anyway, two of the people I met, one of which was in the art room was like "OMG! [literally] Are you the Kite from .hack//G.U?!?!?" I was as surprised as they were, that they'd know.

What did I learn from this cosplay? Velcro is NOT your friend! Especially on faux-leather surfaces...however, I'll be redoing the costume with button snaps for Otakon.
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

That costume was kewl XD the first pic is the final shape of the blade?

Yes I'd say the worst part is the hat, tho ^^;; it's not properly shaped.
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
thedudewhosadude
Legend

That was the final blade design for AnimeNext, since I wasn't able to finish them in time. I also wasn't able bring them anway T_T...and yeah, that hat was the worst part...it's so hard to "scupt" it! Like, first, it's too much fluff, then too little, and just when you think you have it, you add another stitch and it dies >.<...ja, the hat was actually "finished" all of about 10 minutes before we left to the con.

Oh yeah, and now I've preregged for Otakon, so I'm starting work again (and juggling a garage band, leaning a new low brass instrument for marching band, working at Burger King, and projects for next year of school) on the costume! My major gripes right now:

1. Hat How can it be done?
2. Blades I'm leaving the metal ones as is; but I have to create a new pair for Otakon, out of something less heavy and threatning. What do you guys suggest?

EDIT: Well, I won't be going to Otakon (T.T waste of $40....had to give it to my friend, since I wasn't going) so Tri-Edge will remain as he is for the time being. If anything else pops up though before BAAF '06(which I'm not sure is even happening next year) I'll work on Tri-Edge. Otherwise, I'll be working on my other costumes for next years AN and Otakon.
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

Did you have to do the collar up THAT high? o_+;;

I hope you didn't bump into too many things walking around...

And sorry to hear my idea got your blades made illegal. :(
thedudewhosadude
Legend

RIP MAEN!

"Shame on you Andrew! Reviving a thread almost a year old--you should know better!"

I do ^vv^ HOWEVER! This post is to announce a REVIVAL!

For Anime Next '06, I was planning on doing the Mohawked Hero from Feel the Magic: XY/XX. That costume is, however, FAR from complex. So, instead of wearing a finished costume (sorry Kaze :P) I figured I should fix up Tri-Edge to be all nice and spiffy.

So, now with [somewhat] ample time, I can finally make the Tri-Edge that I want to! Of course, I need help!

1) Blades, or Data Drain?: Last year, I made the blades out of a lead pipe and metal. I didn't have time to "finish" them, so they were only a skeleton of what I wanted them to be. Regardless, I painted them, and brought them. 10 minutes after my arrival, they were confiscated. So, this year, I have two options:

a. Remake the weapons, with some sort of material that can't hold an edge, but is easy to work with.

b. Make the Data Drain. I'll have to scale it down of course, but I want to make a fully-expanded data drain. Like, right before it's "launched" at a target.

However, there are problems with each option...

Blades: I have plenty of experience with metal, but next to none with anything else, aside from wood. What can I use to sculpt the blades, that won't "hold an edge"?

Data Drain: I have yet to find a clear screen-cap of Tri-Edge's Data Drain (different from Kite and Shugo's). I'm not quite sure what to make it out of, although I was considering pieces of circuitry. Any ideas?

For now, I only ask for help on this. I want to go one step at a time, starting with accessories.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

you also cant forget all those patches around tri edgy's character.
erm......but you already knew that >_< ,the blades are a good idea,but the data drain might be alittle too much,unless you make them small,of course.if you do go with data drain,maybe you could make it out of the the stuff metal clothes hangers are made of and piant them red.that sortof material is flexible and can stay in place,unless you're looking for something sturdier.as for the hat......to make it puffy...make a custom hat and fill it with cotton???your on your own with the hat ideas,sorry. :(
again on the data drain,tri edge has three of those blade like things protruding from his ''bracelet''followed by some random honeycomb pattern.and one more bit of advice,lower the neck!!
thedudewhosadude
Legend

You've been most helpful kiruku. I think I actually might be able to pull Data Drain off. I'll post my planning sheet later.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

:) you're welcome!i'm glad to hear my idea might help you! I hope nothing gets confiscated this time! lol ! ya know overall,the costume looks great.