Founding a .hack WebRing

Posting and discussion of fanart, cosplay, and fanfics.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

End of a Shadow
Player Character

Founding a .hack WebRing

Post by End of a Shadow »

For those who are unaware a WebRing is a group of websites linked together by topic or interest, in which our case of course would be the dothack series. I am making a propsition here today offering the gather of all if not majority of the dothack fan sites, message boards, and even blogs to come together linked into a real community. Most sites call themselves a community, but in real terms, a site would be a home and everyone apart of it is the family. Well its time to step on out and see what is outside your homes and meet up with other dothack fans into a massive community. I realized that most sites don't even have the proper META tags and get left out when it comes to being listed on search engines, that is unless your web provider offers you the send to search engine through cPanel or by going to search engines and listing yourselves manually. I want to gather all the dothacks to each other so that fans don't have to go very far.

Weither or not this site's rules state advertising is allowed or not, I'm willing to accept that and disclose any links within this thread by forgoing and making a general statement followed by checking on this read for response and contacting the head manager of this site through Private Messenger or Email to work on this project. I am infact posting this at several dothack sites, boards, and blogs that I know of so this message may seem a bit general.

When the founders of these sites, boards, and blogs create these places, they do it for the intention of acknowledging an intrest and making it available to the fans. Its time to connect the fans of this intrest together by means of making the aware of all these places that exist no matter how large or how small they be. Together they create a true encyclopedia of reference and knowledge of this series.

Thank you for your time and for reading this proposal.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

We've been a lot more lenient lately, & really it IS against the rules.. I'll leave it open because from what I have seen, you are responsible enough to actually put this to action.

The only change I'm going to make, is that this will be moved to fanworks.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Whoo, really oughta stop lurking and coming more often...

Anyway, a webring? I've got two sites (as you may already know :p), I wouldn't mind joining up. I'd love to help out.
End of a Shadow
Player Character

The ring has started and is ready for use on your .hack website, you can start by clicking on add site and then you'll get the neccessary coding to place on your site that will create a tag on your site listing join and view all sites on the ring.

http://altimit.insyderonline.com/ringmaker.php

Anyone and everyone is encouraged to add their site as long as its related to .hack
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Just a follow up, thus far 5 sites have been contributed to the dothack WebRing, we are always open for any entree's who wish to join this ring. Again, doesn't matter the size of your site. If you wish to get your site listed and wanting to advertise looking for more viewers, try adding yourself and telling other dothack sites, blogs, forums bout this WebRing.

http://altimit.insyderonline.com/ringmaker.php

Just remember it is always best for the owner of the site to submit themselves to the Ring since they own the site its best they managed their own account on the webring since the submitee gains access to the necessary coding for the WebRing block that is needed to be added to their site either in hard coded HTML, as an entree in a blog, or in a signature for forums.
.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!