Future Cosplay

Posting and discussion of fanart, cosplay, and fanfics.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

MahoNPC
Player Character

Post by MahoNPC »

>< Grrr,Tsukasa!Better at making a staff..at Fanime 03 your not allowed to bring anything in(that means no staff,NOO!!)
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Hmm... Do you have any photos of these costumes? I'd love to get to see them sometime. ^____^

The staff was a nightmare. x.x;; Just as a note. The end tip (which I forgot to mention about in my notes) is made of clay, as a counter balance for the weight of the headpiece. With this in mind, it can be used as a functional staff.

However... the clay of that tip has shattered on 2-3 occaisions.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
ichi
Player Character

Post by ichi »

About expensive cosplay hodge-podge... I've calculated my "ichi costume and realized this: Micheals materials= less than $40. I think that (not including the staff) isn't too expensive fo most people. A Balmung costume on the other hand, yeah... to get the perfect metal plates... blacksmithing isn't cheap these days (a sword from a magazine I hae is over $1000 bucks! dude!)
He's... ALIVE?
HelbaTheHacker
Lowbie

Post by HelbaTheHacker »

Yeah,MahoNPC made my cosplay costume.I will post a picture later when its done. :)
Timid Wavemaster
Lowbie

Post by Timid Wavemaster »

Thank you very much Tsukasa with all the help needed to make my Elk costume great! Maho and Helba I already PM you so don't worry about it.
HelbaTheHacker
Lowbie

Post by HelbaTheHacker »

Well,I really don't care,i'm just the messenger..
Timid Wavemaster
Lowbie

Just one more question Tsukasa. Did your friend who did the Elk costume use the same materials and steps as you did to make his staff?
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Pretty much. There was a few changes because of the staff's shape and size being slightly different. The core pole used for the rod was a shower curtain we didn't need anymore. However, the steps were pretty much the same, in the end. I think the styrofoam ring for the core was broken to make the ring smaller as well.
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Timid Wavemaster
Lowbie

Excellent. Thanks again for your help! As for the rest of the costume did he make it?
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

Yeah. Actually. We both did the costumes together. That's how we normally work in most cases. Or we try to work together, except we tend to fight and argue over details often. n.n;
Timid Wavemaster
Lowbie

Heh thats the way it is sometimes...
Winged Warrior
Player Character

Post by Winged Warrior »

Oh yeah! By the way, I have pretty dark eyebrows. If I were to wear a silver/white wig for Balmung(granted, if I was being Balmung), what would I do about my eyebrows?
Finally!! I surpassed 100 posts!
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

That's the same problem I have with Tsukasa, actually. There are wands with color for eyebrows. I don't know what it is exactly. There was a previous topic on a Subaru costume in here. I don't know if it's been archived or not. If it is, you can search Cyberslum for that topic. She and I actually had a conversation on just that same thing. ^^
Winged Warrior
Player Character

Post by Winged Warrior »

Ok, thanks!
Finally!! I surpassed 100 posts!
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Successful Balmung cosplay is, IMO, hard to pull off. Far too many detailed parts of the costume. And no matter how hard you try, you'll never look as hawt as he does... <3 But regardless, if you do decide to cosplay him, Balmung's Wife gives you her blessings. ;3

... [insert some sort of blessing process here kthx]
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."