Question regarding translation of the novels

Discussion of the .hack novels (AI Busters, etc.). No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Question regarding translation of the novels

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Okay, from what I've gathered, they can't find a group to translate and publish the novels. However, I was shopping at Barnes and Noble, and found a "Manga Novel" translated by Tokyo Pop. (I believe it was Record of the Loddoss War, could've been something else.) This makes me wonder, is there a chance that TokyoPop might translate the novels?

I hope this hasn't been brought up before...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Yes, there is a chance, and TokyoPop will translate them if enough people want them. Of course, the keyword you brought up was Manga, and Manga Novels are just big volumes of manga o.o misleading, I know
Rectos Dominos
Valix

Post by Valix »

Well, me and some friends are starting a scanslation group. We are trying to do both .hack//analysis and .hack//AI BUSTER (well, more so, just a strait translation for AI BUSTER). Though, we are still looking for a translator (we have one, but its going pretty slowly with just one). So if anyone can read Kanji or Hana well and wants to help out, PM me.
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

YamiJared wrote:Yes, there is a chance, and TokyoPop will translate them if enough people want them. Of course, the keyword you brought up was Manga, and Manga Novels are just big volumes of manga o.o misleading, I know
No, that's NOT what I mean Yami. I actually flipped through it, and it was PURE TEXT. It was an ACTUAL NOVEL. They called it a "manga novel", as I guess that's what they call it instead of an "anime novel", but it was an actual translated novel, which is why I think that we DO have a chance...

(It wasn't a large volume of manga, I would know Yami...)
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Are you sure it was .hack? I searched under the name "Record of the Loddoss War" and what I found was certainly not .hack material.
Valix

Post by Valix »

He wasn't saying that Record of Lodoss war was part of the .hack universe, instead was using it as an example of a novel based on an anime.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Oh. I guess I misread the text. Anyway, I checked the tokyopop website and it dosen't seem that the novels will be translated anytime soon. That is if they get translated.