About Bear?

.hack//SIGN discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Please try to stay on topic, and note that the Search feature on the webiste (http://dothack.info/forum/search.php) is quite helpful for gaining information. Questions such as yours has been asked multiple times already, so the threads that contained their information have been archived. However, to answer your question, [spoiler]Aura is the Key of the Twilight.[/spoiler] For a better explanation, use the search feature with the keywords "key of the twilight."
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Botan

Post by Botan »

Duskino wrote:Bear's like... 45? 46? One of those two.

And yes, they do know eachother in real life. Or at least they've met before.
[spoiler]actually Bear a 49 year old divorced novelist named Ryo Sakuma.[/spoiler]

[Spoilder tags added by Elk]
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

I wonder if Bear's mid life crisis drove him to playing "the world" at his age...
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

I REALLY doubt it. I mean, he talks about playing video games as a child. And I wouldn't exactly call it a mid-life crisis...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
DeaVour

Post by DeaVour »

well because of the illness of Subaru she got depressed and started playing the world because she can move free then.... bud Crim gaved her ''the spell'' his phonenumber so she can calll him if there is something or she got depressed again etc. :P
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

But what does that have to do with Bear?
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
DeaVour

Post by DeaVour »

dont know bud they talked about it so....
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

DeaVour wrote:dont know bud they talked about it so....
-_-;; Then don't place it in the wrong thread.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
DeaVour

Post by DeaVour »

mja.... sorry ^^*
Lord Bear

Post by Lord Bear »

Sorry to dust off such an old thread, but I feel the need to make sure that everyone is on top of "my" characters information within The World, as well offline.

Offline, Bear's name was Ryo Sakuma. He was the famous novelist that wrote the book "Annwn". Within the .hack//SIGN series, Silver Knight actually quotes from the book, stating that he had to read it while he was in high school.

His son, which who was the Wavemaster that some of you thought to be a blademaster, is name Teddy. Within the SIGN storyline, he is constantly bugging his father to give him financial support, though obviously does not deserve it. This also brings up the fact that Ryo is divorced from his wife, who , like his son, is also a nuisance to him in a background covered way. Ryo is a smoker, a heavy one to be exact. At his age, 47, he proved to be rather wise. He helped Tsukasa out both within The World and offline, becoming her official ward and helping her get the education she needed at a boarding school.

He is a rather easy-going guy when it all comes down to it, though he has to face through so much troubles outside of The World. Within The World, he always played it calm and brought a sense of logic towards the group of people that were associated with Tsukasa and the search for the Key of the Twilight. He played the role as a leader as well as a supporter, mainly towards Mimiru and Tsukasa. Towards Crim and BT, Bear would play out as a good friend who would simply listen to them and apply whatever knowledge he had to allow a slight amount of support towards the search for the Key of the Twilight. His main goal within SIGN was to help Tsukasa log out from The World.

The relationship between Bear and BT was strictly a sense of partnership within The World. though BT wanted otherwise, Bear was not interested as she was to begin a stronger offline relationship over their online relationship. For that, BT as well tried to make her and Crim's relationship the same, but failed due to Crim's sense of characterized role-playing. As for Subaru and Crim's relationship, it was strictly pure friendship. To be blunt, Crim was a lot older then Subaru was. He played the part of her guardian, and tried hard to be someone who was always there for her. That changed when Crim left the Silver Knights, who might I also add was created for the same reason the Twilight Brigade (.hack//ROOTS) was created, to search for the Key of the Twilight, because he began to figure that Subaru had everything under control with the help of Silver Knight. He also left because he gave up on the search for that certain item. To back this up, Crim told this directly to BT while in the throne room that is made into one of the main meeting points for the group within SIGN. As well, Subaru's constant questioning of the item is proof, showing that she does not believe in its existence simply because she once looked for it, but gave up. That was when Silver Knight and Subaru turned the purpose of the Crimson Knights from a hunting group, to a vigilant group that truly only had power in numbers and a slight amount of respect.

All of this information was written out in my own words and was not copied from any other source. This all comes out from my own research, coming from the internet as well from my own simple observations of .hack//SIGN. If anyone has any questions then just message me, and I will be sure to get back to you. I hope this in itself did answer a lot of questions. I will also inform you all that information seeking about .hack is not as hard as it use to be. The popularity of both project .hack and project .hack Conglomerate are increasing in popularity almost daily.

There you have it, from the practical words of Bear himself. :) I hope I was successful at helping a few of you who where a bit lost on the whole subject.