Time

.hack//SIGN discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

kboy7
Player Character

Time

Post by kboy7 »

Is there a certain tiem that the show was on? Like, what day it was in the show. Im curious because I dont rememebr any holidays in the show.
http://kmhearts.proboards43.com
kingdom Hearts forum ... Over 2000 posts and counting!
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

The only really holiday-ish event in the show was in Dusk, & it was the festival. I think SIGN was too serious within it's plot, to do anything like that.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

But SIGN is suppose to be a course of a year right? There are tons of Holidays...
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

But SIGN is suppose to be a course of a year right? There are tons of Holidays...
Actually, I think it just takes place over the course of several months...
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
kboy7
Player Character

Post by kboy7 »

Then whay did it never show any events or anything. I mean they could have taken a little break once and a while to have a 'lil fun.

And I haet the way theres no aciton in teh show buts thats jsut me. (Yes I knwo there is some but not really enough to staisfy me ^_^)
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Well, there was the whole "holiday" which Mimiru spent waiting in The World for Tsukasa to come out...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

And there is also a point where Japan doesnt celebrate the same holidays really as the US
kboy7
Player Character

Post by kboy7 »

Tsukaru wrote:And there is also a point where Japan doesnt celebrate the same holidays really as the US
AH I never thought of that. Come to think of it how would that work out seeing you got the whole world playing on this thing and you want to do holiday events. You don't have many the whole wrold celibrates.
MaifunNoodle
Lowbie

Post by MaifunNoodle »

And there is also a point where Japan doesnt celebrate the same holidays really as the US
this fact doesn't really matter. if there were any holidays in the show, the time of year could be identified by events like a Sakura Matsuri (like in twilight...the cherry trees and the folk tale of the old man and the ashes), or that one holiday for the spirits and ancestors in August or whatever, the Children's Day at the begininng of May, and even Christmas is, well, 'celebrated' but not with the significance of the western belief.
"Cry 'HAVOC' and let slip the dogs of war"
"My head is nauseous-nyo!"
"You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of love."

Folk, don' t rely on me, for i have crappy subs...
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Hmm, The World is played by ppl from all over the world, but .hack takes place mainly in the Japanese Server, so actually it would be appropriate if they put in Japanese related holiday events like in normal MMORPGs.

It is more or less time of new year when Kite and Co defeated Corvenik but still, there's no new year event or anything in the game as well ^^;;
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Flame Sage
Player Character

Post by Flame Sage »

Well, I think that the sys admins were a LITTLE TOO PREOCCUPIED with the world falling apart, I doubt they would be planing events when about 99% of the world has "data bugs" in it.
Grunty Farming List:
Noble Grunty: 5
If you could attack gruntys, I would have slaughtered all Noble Grunty's from the planet!
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

Well when you think about it, there will probably be more English players than the show actually puts on. All the really serious gamers would play learn Japanese if they had to, in order to play the game. (This would be a huge thing that would be in record books) So my guess would that there would be so many English players, that the US made their own server.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Yeah... as it was stated, there are many different country servers. Alot of people claim to play the japanese, so that they have more practice in their speech.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.