Action

.hack//SIGN discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

kboy7
Player Character

Action

Post by kboy7 »

there is absolutley hardly any action in //SIGN. Why does it have to be that way. THey would have had many more watchers and whatnot if added action scenes when able. is there a reason why there isn't?
http://kmhearts.proboards43.com
kingdom Hearts forum ... Over 2000 posts and counting!
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Mainly because it actually has depth to it. Seriously, think about how deep the Dragonball series is....answer, not much at all. Fight scenes like that would be highly unnessesary in .hack//SIGN, as it focused mainly on people speaking rather than their actions. Pointless fight scenes do nothing for them except waste their time and money on something that's totally plot irrelevant.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Even in most online RPG's there is only a limit of action.. most of it is mostly running from world to world, killing random enemies that pops up. They potray that pretty well, yet not too much, so the stpry can show better.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
redrose
Lowbie

Post by redrose »

this is just a thought ........but in the real world to day it an't as if we kill random things......well in war and all yes but thats different maybe they are trying to base it as much as they can on real life so we understand it for know and then get into it.its all ahtought
RedRose
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

The action in .hack is mostly set in the games. //SIGN is pretty much used as background story for .hack. Since a person would lose intrest in the game's story without any backup info on things like "Who is this "Bear" character"?. //SIGN is also set as a real MMORPG, as Elk wrote. Just some logic for you, can you imagine Tsukasa actually battling full out?
kboy7
Player Character

Post by kboy7 »

Wow, no clue there was such a long reason. In a way it does make a lot of sense. But do you think puuting some action in may have gotten more viewers and buyers causing them to make money?
http://kmhearts.proboards43.com
kingdom Hearts forum ... Over 2000 posts and counting!
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Action probably would have gotten in the way of the story.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

But then again, too much dialouge was used to explain simple things. More action would have made //SIGN less dull. Action + dialouge in between action = a DBZ like .hack//SIGN.
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Wait a minute...

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

You actually found //SIGN dull?

..........Whatever.

I don't think //SIGN needed action to make it interesting.

The story line was solid and you could really get a sense of how serious the situations were. The characters all had real life personalities and you could actually relate to their problems.

In short, //SIGN made me feel involved like I was actually part of the situations at hand. When a character felt emotional pain I wanted to be their to councel them.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that if people just want all action and no real depth to story line then let them look elsewhere.

As Tsukasa said, "I like it this way. It's not so bad."
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

Plus Tsukasa doesnt really like fighting, so Mimiru and everyone else try to avoid it for him
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Yeah, that's a pretty good point. It would've been made the story MUCH more shallow if there had been much more fighting, especially concerning the pacifistic character of Tsukasa...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

I dont even think there really would be any sort of series if there was action in it BECAUSE of Tsukasa's personality. He would most likely run away if he was involved, and it would really be boring if a fight were to start but finish in either Tsukasa running away, or Tsukasa using his guardian all the time.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Tsukaru wrote: or Tsukasa using his guardian all the time.
And if that were the case, there hardly would be any action as well; Everything would get pwned in a matter of seconds :P
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

And then they would put more people into comas and it'll get even more complicated.

So .hack//SIGN is probably better without action
MaifunNoodle
Lowbie

Post by MaifunNoodle »

i did like how the series went, but it would be good with the occasional action scene...i understand how the action is left for the video game, but why waste the talents of a great animation company like BeeTrain? anyhoo, i still thought it was a pretty sit-down-and-just-think-about-it type of thing...the plot and dialogue fill the gaps
"Cry 'HAVOC' and let slip the dogs of war"
"My head is nauseous-nyo!"
"You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of love."

Folk, don' t rely on me, for i have crappy subs...