Slugs

.hack//SIGN discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Tsukaru
Player Character

Slugs

Post by Tsukaru »

What do those slug bug type things have in meaning? I know its probably a symbol or something, and I have my own theories, just wondering what everyone else thinks
MaifunNoodle
Lowbie

Post by MaifunNoodle »

*pre-emptive ducking under desk, awaiting slap from giant paper fan :shock: *
I'm sorry but what are these 'slug bugs'? I haven't played any of the games so...*slap!* what are they? forgive me... :oops: do you mean the beetles or what? (if you tell me, i'd probably know what your talking about)
"Cry 'HAVOC' and let slip the dogs of war"
"My head is nauseous-nyo!"
"You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of love."

Folk, don' t rely on me, for i have crappy subs...
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

This has nothing to do with the games... ^^;;

In SIGN, there's a few episode where these red and yellow polka dotted slugs are shown. Don't really serve any purpose but to be... sluggy and gross.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

But they always seem to appear when something bad is about to happen... It seems they might have a meaning
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

It seems that they're linked to corruption, if you notice that everthing that they touch is being corrupted. It's possible that they're a metaphorical representation of the parasitic virus that causes data bugs...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
redrose
Lowbie

Post by redrose »

you finally got it. there bugs get it .....ok whe you have a problem people call it a bug in your net work ok. so its a bug in the world. smart smart thats what they are. it seems so naturall but yet again confusing that it is . so know you see ...its a bug .........and a bug in the world......
wise be on what you see....that is is ......but knowing befor you see it
RedRose
Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

redrose wrote:......but knowing befor you see it
Yes, well, often one knows the answer before they ask it. They just don't quite realize it. Of course, there may be more to it than that.
Tsukaru wrote:they always seem to appear when something bad is about to happen...
They could also be used to predict certain events. I'd probably have to look through the whole SIGN series if I wanted to confirm that though.

(P.S. redrose,
It would help us all if you could watch your spelling. I might be missing a point that your trying to get across, and I'd hate to do that.)
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
redrose
Lowbie

Post by redrose »

sorry, i was thinking faster then i was typeing.....

my point was that when you have a bug a problem in some electronic devise that it could be stateing that there a upcoming problem in the world....since it is created through a electronic source....thats all
RedRose
Sanzo
Lowbie

Post by Sanzo »

Eggplant of the Twilight wrote:It seems that they're linked to corruption, if you notice that everthing that they touch is being corrupted. It's possible that they're a metaphorical representation of the parasitic virus that causes data bugs...
they might be data infested micro organisms lol ^^;; i never noticed them being there everytime before something bad happens and they might be aroung the world all the time but those times are the only times you ever get to see them
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

I always thought them to be some type of computer worm, showing up to the site of corrupt data.
Sanzo
Lowbie

Post by Sanzo »

mvrckbass wrote:I always thought them to be some type of computer worm, showing up to the site of corrupt data.
wait i just remembered the portals contain databugs maybe the slugs are just the normal bugs that are in the game? lol