Sleep and dreams?

.hack//SIGN discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

FireDraconian
Legend

Sleep and dreams?

Post by FireDraconian »

I was recently rewatching the series, and something confused me. In one episode, Mimiru asks Tsukasa if he needs to eat, sleep, etc, since he can feel pain and smell inside the game. But Tsukasa says that he doesn't eat, nor sleep, but sometimes goes unconscious for a while. But that unconsciousness is not the same as sleep.

So, the first part of my question is, why does he fall unconscious? And how is it different from sleep? Is it some sort of reaction to his real-life body, perhaps corresponding with medication or injections? Is it Morganna's doing?

The second part is that, further along in the series, he has the dream about Aura and the knife. Was he sleeping then? Or was the dream, again, Morganna's doing, trying to get him to stop seeing Subaru?
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection
you know...cheese soup
Lowbie

Post by you know...cheese soup »

The dream about Aura and the knife....he was sleeping in the game, while unconscious in the real world (which I don't understand). But wasn't his consciousness taken from his real body and put into the game, which was Morganna's doing? So that would explain how he could sleep in the game (I guess). Oh yeah, the dream was Morganna's doing..to try to taint Aura because she's so paranoid and always doing things like that.
As for not being hungry and whatnot, he would have a feeding tube or something of the sort.
But don't take this seriously, this is just what I think.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Morganna had reasons to make Tsukasa feel pain... he was abused as a child... he feared pain. The hunger sensation just wasn't neccesary. As for sleep, if Tsukasa slept, perhaps he could have had dreams that might have made him want to return to the real world. Maybe Morganna could not monitor Tsukasa 24/7 for some reason (which is why she had Maha keep track of him in addition to providing a ''mother'' figure.), so she limited his needs in order for him to serve his purpose.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

hunger sensation????? :? what do you mean?
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

kiruku wrote:hunger sensation????? :? what do you mean?
The feeling of being hungry.

Its also possible that, since Tsukasa was unconscious and on a feeding tube in the real world, he wouldn't feel sleepy or hungry in the game because those neccessities were being provided for him IRL.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

oh i see, im kinda slow :oops: