New Game! .hack//FRAGMENT....ONLINE!

.hack//Liminality (OAV) and games discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Amelia wrote:Someone in a .hack chat told me that Fragment was going to be Japan only, but judging by the amount of information circulating the boards, I'd say he was wrong.

At least, I hope he was. o_o'';;
There's a large possibility that Bandai wont bring FRAGMENT over here for a long time. :\ His assumption is valid, but no one knows until Bandai announces.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Amelia

Post by Amelia »

I must be overexcited. I keep having dreams that my boyfriend and I are playing Fragment, but with enhanced Runescape characters. I hope I'm not having premonitions. O_O;;
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Post by End of a Shadow »

Well with the updates on the official japanese site, there seems to be some clearing up on the issues of how it will be played.

http://altimit.insyderonline.com/album_ ... pic_id=407

PS2 Specs
Game is being played on the PS2, you use your memory card to save instead of the HDD, you can play it on the PS2 BB (mini), and it will not be using the HDD. Instead it will be using the USB connector on your PS2 console to connect to your PC.

PC Specs
Requires a USB 2.0 cable to connect to your PS2 to your PC, preferred WinXP OS with Service Pack 2, ram of at least 256MB and HD memory of 100MB and a processor of 1 GHz. And you'll need the latest DirectX driver of 9.0 or higher.

http://altimit.insyderonline.com/album_ ... pic_id=414

Also not confirmed or not, this game may have LAN capabilites. Game is also said to being released even earlier, set date of Nov 23rd 2005 in Japan.

Here's a few screenshots of the online vs offline modes

http://altimit.insyderonline.com/album_ ... pic_id=408
http://altimit.insyderonline.com/album_ ... pic_id=409
http://altimit.insyderonline.com/album_ ... pic_id=410

http://altimit.insyderonline.com/album_ ... pic_id=411
http://altimit.insyderonline.com/album_ ... pic_id=412
http://altimit.insyderonline.com/album_ ... pic_id=413

The way it would seem is that the game will run much like GameSpy+Router+Halo1Xbox system. Except in terms of Software+Router+Fragment.

The way Halo 1 worked was that you hooked your Xbox to your router, then installed GameSpy to your PC and ran your game from there using the launcher.

This seems no different in terms of connecting your PS2 to your router, then installing the program that comes with Fragment that allows you to use the Map Editor and BBS and play from that launcher.

Then it also shows allowing you the player to connect to other PS2's directly in playing a LAN game with your character stored on your 8meg memory card.

There is no mention of the game using the PS2HDD whatsoever, it does state it will function with the PS2BB (mini remodel) since it will be using your memory card and USB.
.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

This game seems pretty disappointing, since the offline mode looks like the first series, only with no story.. If they create a story for offline mode, I'll probably concider it a decent game-- but you know me, Mr. Doubtful. XD;

I am highly amused by fat Kite & the massive Heavy Blade, though. X3
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

i'll be happy as long as its free cuz i dont wanna kill myself with paying monthly fees for poor gameplay
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Maybe this'll be like another Guild Wars-- Simple and cheap for casual players and those who're new to MMO's. Except it's got the .hack franchise to back it up.

My opinion? It may be good, but I have a hunch it won't be all too great. If anything, I'm not happy at all about the release of .hack being put online. Not at all-- To me, it stabs at what made .hack what it is.

However, if it does turn out to be a good game after all, I may consider buying it if it is ever released in the States.
TheUltimateTwinBlade
Player Character

Post by TheUltimateTwinBlade »

Elk wrote:This game seems pretty disappointing, since the offline mode looks like the first series, only with no story.. If they create a story for offline mode, I'll probably concider it a decent game-- but you know me, Mr. Doubtful. XD;

Well judging from those screenshots and text bubbles(though I cannot read japanese) in the offline mode. It looks like there will be a story.
Mirielle-wait a minute... thats no ordinary shark,thats an extremely rare version!
Ouka-a super monster custom-made for this event!
Mirielle-I WANT IT I WANT IT
Ouka-FINALLY A WORTHY OPPONENT
"::gasp:: PEPPY did you grow..BOSOMS!?"-pepper anne
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

TheUltimateTwinBlade wrote:
Elk wrote:This game seems pretty disappointing, since the offline mode looks like the first series, only with no story.. If they create a story for offline mode, I'll probably concider it a decent game-- but you know me, Mr. Doubtful. XD;

Well judging from those screenshots and text bubbles(though I cannot read japanese) in the offline mode. It looks like there will be a story.
Keep in mind that it might be random chat, like in most RPGS, whenever you talk to an NPC in PSO, a speech bubble appears above their heads.
I'd be interested to learn what kind of story they may produce, though.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

I'll still be getting it once it comes out in Japan (hell, I can't even read Japanese!) to test-drive it...although from the look of things I will be 1) very confused (with the fact that everything's in japanese) and 2) probably disappointed. Like Dusky said, this game kinda feels...wrong...like I remember, the original answer to "Will an online .hack be made?" was always a firm "No, due to the fact that the games were made to simulate online play. Actually putting it online would destroy that false reality." Then it later became "We respect the fans, and if the fans want something, then we'll do out best to apply ourselves to them." (Note that quote are not actually quotes, they're simply what I remember reading from interviews)

In anycase, I don't have all that high expectations for this game, but, we'll see how things go!
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

i wanna see what the game gets rated when it comes out

im hoping for a 7 out of 10 but the game looks like a 5-6
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

I'm kind of doubting this but maybe what we're seeing is only the first version. Maybe by the time they're done with it it might actually look really well done.

But like I said I'm doubting it.

Still better to live in a dream then give up hope, I guess.
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

don't set hopes too high, but don't stop hoping all together. That's what you do. I'm glad they have it, not expecting much but it might be better than expected. Ya never know, hai? Hai. Anyways, yea...
HEY! This rock is shiny... *beds down to pick it up* It must have some importance on our quest... *Stands* ONWARD! *walks ahead and out of the reach of a blade*

*looks around* RP? Hullo? Anyone? C'mon! A RP, guys, that's all I ask!
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Duskino wrote:Maybe this'll be like another Guild Wars-- Simple and cheap for casual players and those who're new to MMO's. Except it's got the .hack franchise to back it up.
Hey Guild Wars is a great game, even for those that play alot of MMOs =b

so anyway I'll check my friend if its being released back in my home coutry, then maybe he can test the offline version =X

*edits*
Lol I just saw the trailer.... there's protect break? XD;; I hope they dont have virus cores or players will be racing to data drain first for virus cores.... *flashback to quarantine where half of the game time was spent for cores X_X;*
Last edited by Brad_Evans on Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

Duskino wrote: Hey Guild Wars is a great game, even for those that play alot of MMOs =b

so anyway I'll check my friend if its being released back in my home coutry, then maybe he can test the offline version =X
That would be great~
HEY! This rock is shiny... *beds down to pick it up* It must have some importance on our quest... *Stands* ONWARD! *walks ahead and out of the reach of a blade*

*looks around* RP? Hullo? Anyone? C'mon! A RP, guys, that's all I ask!
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Hey, I'm not bashing Guild Wars ^_^; I want to play it myself.

Just comparing. I'm hoping Bandai isn't trying to compete with, well, WoW, the current "I'M GONNA EAT YOUR SOUL AND DEVOUR IT UNTIL IT NO LONGER EXISTS!!" MMO. I'd like it to be Guild Wars-esque :>