.Hack// PS2 games 1-4

.hack//Liminality (OAV) and games discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Christica
Player Character

.Hack// PS2 games 1-4

Post by Christica »

there probably is already a topic for this but i just wanted to say that i got to play the first addition for the first time this past tuesday or wednesday at my friends house. i only got to the second after u first meet blackrose but i was definetly hooked when i got to start fighting monsters.t was so much fun, before i went into the dungeon i went around and found 12 mandragora(sp). to bad the only way i can play it is if i can goto my friends house and play her brother's ps2 *only has a GC in her possession* but if i can get a PS2, all i'll have to do is borrow the games from them(i'll also have to get a memmory card XP).

i said that the game is like the show and my friends brother said it was nothing like the show... well... what i ment was, the game is like the show that cartoonnetwork has on friday nights: .Hack// Legend of the Twighlitgh. u fight monsters the same way, ur friend goes into a coma and there essence gets trapped in "The World", there is a BlackRose and a Kite.... the show takes place after the game... right?

when i get my own ps2, does ne1 have any tips for the game(s)?
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Re: .Hack// PS2 games 1-4

Post by End of a Shadow »

Christica wrote:the show takes place after the game... right?
Most certainly, 4 years to be exact.
Christica wrote:when i get my own ps2, does ne1 have any tips for the game(s)?
Fight, sell, fight, datadrain, always have a wavemaster in your party.
.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Just to clear up any confusion that might come, the characters in the anime and the game are different. They may look alike, but they are different.

And as far as tips? Don't give up! Always have Mage Souls and Ressurects at the ready! Don't pour all your time into one wavemaster (applies from the 3rd game on) And have fun with it!
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
kboy7
Player Character

Post by kboy7 »

thedudewhosadude wrote:And as far as tips? Don't give up! Always have Mage Souls and Ressurects at the ready! Don't pour all your time into one wavemaster (applies from the 3rd game on) And have fun with it!
... I learned that the hard way...
http://kmhearts.proboards43.com
kingdom Hearts forum ... Over 2000 posts and counting!
Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

i know you meant the new anime, but please clarify next time. some of us still cherish our .hack//SIGN DVDs. And many if not all of those characters make an appearance in the games (at the end of quarrantine you obtain many awesome .hack//sign member adresses).

I always have 99 of all my items. my friends said that was a silly thing to do, but i really was thankful for my technique on that last dungeon of the game (not including epilogue)!

...there's never nothing to do even when u beat it, btw.

P.S.
starting out with the first game is so much better than in the middle of the story. i learned THAT the hard way. (thank you unlockable movies!)
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
kboy7
Player Character

Post by kboy7 »

srry if this is off topic wich i was not sure or not but since I haven't beaten the 4th game yet and i got half way and its been 6 months lol I'm just gonna start over.

But how did you afford 99 of all items I can barely afford equipment
http://kmhearts.proboards43.com
kingdom Hearts forum ... Over 2000 posts and counting!
Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

fisrt... i never BUY equipment. i find it. second, i sell what i dont need/use often. it takes a while, but personal side quests (especially the millions u endure for virus cores) and things help u get useless items that sell for good money.
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Ah! I forgot a really important bit! More than often, you'll ending up trading with another player rather than buying, finding, or Data Draining to get new weapons and armors. Some players have some exceptional items! And I wouldn't say you'd need 99 of ALL items...that seems to be a waste...hell, you can even do it with no items at all! If you can plan out your spells well enough, you'll be perfectly fine! (I.e. have Rip Mayne, Phal Repth, Rig Seam, Rig Geam...at least, I think those are the names o_o...it's been a while ~_~)
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.