wavering

.hack//Liminality (OAV) and games discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

you know...cheese soup
Lowbie

wavering

Post by you know...cheese soup »

Wavering was defined as an algorithm that permitted ambiguity and human-like decision-making. I've always thought "wavering" was just flat out Aura. To put this quite frankly...is that what it is?
FireDraconian
Legend

Post by FireDraconian »

I'm pretty sure that 'wavering' is what allows an AI to be more then just a computer program. But it's not just Aura; wasn't wavering what caused Morganna to choose not to fulfill her programming and attempt to keep Aura from awakening? So Morganna would have had the 'wavering' algorithm as well.
"A friend... or perhaps, a foe. A meddler with a warning." -Helba, .hack//Infection
you know...cheese soup
Lowbie

I knew "wavering" was what made Morganna jealous and that's why she reacted "unpredictably" when Harald introduced it...so I thought he introduced Morganna to Aura (which I thought was wavering) and that's when she deleted her maternal instincts and all...Thanks for clearing that up.
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Post by End of a Shadow »

.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
you know...cheese soup
Lowbie

That's where I got my information...(my vocabulary hadn't previously included the word "algorithm", I assure you). I copied all those slides from the DVD into my notebook because I had a lot of free time on my hands.