Old Newbie

.hack//Liminality (OAV) and games discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

greensteeldragon
Player Character

Old Newbie

Post by greensteeldragon »

Long time no see peeps!

I just got a PS2 and I just got a used copy of the first game from ebgames that was only the game disc but man does it rock I haven't really been into dotHack in like 4 ever so I don't remember a lot any more so these questions are as old as the series:

-What is the plus to playing all the games in order finishing one after another? (with data flags)

-How do you read hacker can you point me to the old topic please?

-What are the words on the DVDs from //SIGN go to and what are they?

Point and laugh I know they are easy questions for the people that have been here from the begining but as you can see from my profile I am not a newb so don't flam this topic :-)

Oh and one more question how hard is it to find a copy of Mutation? because I have all the other ones with guides new that I found on ebay and stuff but I can't find a copy of Mutation new. Thanks in advance!
"I ALWAYS DRINK SAKE AT THE CHERRY BLOSSUM FESTIVAL! I DON'T CARE IF THE BUZZ ISN'T REAL--I CAN ROLE-PLAY BEING DRUNK!" -Balmung- dotHack//Legend of the Twilight
Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

There are a lot of maps and storyline that cannot be unlocked/gotten back to unless you have played them the first time around. I started at #3, b/c it was on sale and i needed a game to play. My friend started from the beginning and his experience is tons better than mine, even with the unlocked videos.

Start from the beginning. the only thing that will be annoying about that is you don't start out with virus cores (which they do when you start anywhere but #1).
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

If you start from the first game, trust me, it'll save you SO much frustration later. I feel sorry for all the folks that started on Outbreak, I'll say that much...
Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

Even though I started at Outbreak and went on to complete Quarrantine, I still bought the other two (as the first one was getting rarer and rarer) for both the anime episodes and to complete the little picture of kite on the noble grunty.

As for game help, just go onto gamefaqs or the like. They have tons of fun keywords.

L337 5P34K.... 7h475 4N07h3r 570ry.
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
greensteeldragon
Player Character

Post by greensteeldragon »

L337 5P34K if that is what it is I use to speak it all the time it has just been like three years since then, I even have a translater on my computer so thanks! :D

Do you keep levels when transfering game data or what I remember an old topic about that
"I ALWAYS DRINK SAKE AT THE CHERRY BLOSSUM FESTIVAL! I DON'T CARE IF THE BUZZ ISN'T REAL--I CAN ROLE-PLAY BEING DRUNK!" -Balmung- dotHack//Legend of the Twilight
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

greensteeldragon wrote: Do you keep levels when transfering game data or what I remember an old topic about that
Yes, you also keep all the items that were in your possession and all of your money as well.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.