Fight the Doppleganger!

.hack//Liminality (OAV) and games discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

kiruku

Fight the Doppleganger!

Post by kiruku »

Well, basically, I think I may have discovered how to fight the doppleganger in //G.U. ( the doppleganger is an enemy that takes the appearance of a player and is set to have a level much higher than the player it takes the shape of, also the doppleganger is totally black, as explained in the games forums) now for the instructions:

#1 go to an area that has a sleipnir (such as Essential Red plum's Resort)

#2 kick it!!!

#3 wait about 5 or 10 min.

#4 wander around the field (there should be a red arrow pointing to the doppleganger, it looks much like arrows pointing to monsters when youre near them) when you find him, red fog will form around your screen, and the camera will be taken over to view the doppleganger and a brief description of him will appear. when youre back to third person view a question mark will appear over his head, much like the regular monsters, and he will creepily walk towards you.

#5 to fight him, run up to him until an exclamation mark forms over his head, the battle screen will appear.

#6 DO NOT I repeat, do not use twin blades to attack him, for he will counter much quickly, instead equip broad sword to take him down faster.

#7 don't do this alone, or youre screwed, for I HAVE TRIED AND FAILED *sob*...but maybe you can do it.

I recommend you fighting him at lv.50, its easier good luck!

EDIT: after defeating the doppleganger you get an item called "own king" and it is placed in the key items section. the desription says nothing but "proof that you defeated the doppleganger.

-kiruku-
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

You know, you can just wait on the field...you don't need to kick anything. Oh, and I found that one of the quicker ways to beat him is to use Beast Awakening. Once you can stop him like that, it becomes pretty easy to whittle down his HP. Usually you can defeat him in one or two Awakenings--if you just block like crazy your gauge should keep going up.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

It kind of irritates me that [spoiler]you can't level up higher then level 50.[/spoiler]

I figure it would be easier to beat him if that wasn't a problem.

Man, when I first met him I nearly had a heart attack.

I was level 38, had one party member and just BARELY won against him.

I didn't know it was a doppelganger until later.

I thought that it was part of the storyline or something.
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
Fragment
Lowbie

Post by Fragment »

Does that really work?
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

sooooorry for the late response, I wasnt able to log for quite some time now, and fragment, if you actually follow the instructions, it magically works!!... oh, and tsunami
[spoiler]if you leveled up higher the doppleganger would just level up even higher... :o [/spoiler]

that is so unfair! dang HP caps!

-kiruku-
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

I found that out recently.

What a pain in the butt.

[spoiler]If you were as high as you could go then it would still be higher then you.[/spoiler]
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

hehe...

[spoiler] I wonder what would happen if you fought him Xth form...interesting possibilities... :shock: [/spoiler]