Shugo: OMMIGOD! I DELETED MY SAVEFILE!

.hack//Dusk (manga and anime) discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Flame Sage
Player Character

Shugo: OMMIGOD! I DELETED MY SAVEFILE!

Post by Flame Sage »

Heh that would be pretty hillarious if shugo accidently deleted kite's player character. XD
Would he even be able to? In the games, I havnt figured out a way to delete savefiles (other than the whole thing via memory card) has anyone else?

Could shugo delete his character? I know aura is protecting it, but it dosent nessessarlly mean he couldnt.
Lets start a discussion ^^
Grunty Farming List:
Noble Grunty: 5
If you could attack gruntys, I would have slaughtered all Noble Grunty's from the planet!
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

If he did, he'd delete his entire user name/password, since the avatar is combined within registrating.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Well, in the .hack games, Helba mentioned something like even Lios wouldn't be able to delete Kite's avatar, and Shugo basically -is- Kite (except everyone calls him Shugo. No dhur.), sooo I don't think he'd be able to delete it.

Hypothetically speaking, however... @_@; I think -I'd- throw my computer out the window if I somehow did that.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Plus, I don't believe Shugo could. If Aura wants his data protected THAT BAD, she probably would of put up all kinds of safe guards. Aura may be an AI, but I doubt even she will put up with fixing all of Shugo's mess-ups. (also, Shugo isn't using Kite's player character, just his appearance, which is a bit off anyway, what with missing runes here and there and chibification. and the hair and eye colors are slightly different)
Rectos Dominos
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

If I'm correct, Shugo's avatar is simply the 'Kite' build. Meaning that no other twinblades that look remotely like that can be created. I believe that the "Shugo" avatar was just based off of Kite, but made different so it wouldn't be...well, Kite.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

I heard Shugo basically was Kite... @__@;

...... Either way, I don't think he can be deleted O.o;
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Actually, if you look closely, Shuugo and Kite's avatars are slightly different. Where as Kite's avatar is a bright red color, Shuugo's is more orangish. Shuugo's data could be an upgraded version of Kite's. (Just like his bracelet looks different, and stronger then Kite's.)
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Eh, I wouldn't pay attention to such things as slight color/eye/shoe/hair/brand of shoe changes; Really, it's just a matter of style. Whoever designed the characters for the .hack games and the manga artist have two completely different drawing styles, so of -course- there are going to be slight differences.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

I don't think the Bracelets are better than their counterparts, per se. I think they just excel in different areas to suit their purpose better. If not that, then Kite's is better, it's been pumped up to Drain Heart!!! and Shugo can't even put people in comas. just edit graphics. what a n00b. Also, Shugo started off at level 1. thus proving he has a seperate character.
Rectos Dominos
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Just for the sake of debate, one must remember that it's just a skin, your character data stays the same, and that includes Level. So, when Shugo was playing under a regular avatar, he didn't really get anywhere.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
kboy7
Player Character

Post by kboy7 »

mannshjj wrote:(Just like his bracelet looks different, and stronger then Kite's.)
Umm, if you want my opinion I'd say Shugo's bracelet looks much weaker than Kites. After all you can't even see kites but when you do ,to me, it seems as though that thing had the power to probably delete areas of the game. but thats jsut me...
http://kmhearts.proboards43.com
kingdom Hearts forum ... Over 2000 posts and counting!
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

You can judge a game attack on it's graphics, as seen oh-so-often in Final Fantasy. the Bracelets are equal, and if not, then Shugo's is stronger, if not atleast in different areas. Also, a field isn't a targetable object, soooo...no. Shugo's Bracelet doesn't need Virus Cores to Gate Hack or Protect Break to Data Drain, but on the other hand, it never upgrades like Kite's, but due to how short the series/manga is, and how little the Bracelet is used in comparison to Kite's, we never truly get to see it's true power (Unless you count that thing Shugo and Rena did in the final episode, but Rena kinda helped, so I'm not sure if it DOES count. But either way, the Bracelet managed to reboot and restore the ENTIRE World! That's badass, right there.)
Rectos Dominos
kboy7
Player Character

Post by kboy7 »

Well I have not seen Shugo's bracelet DD but I personally think Kites "looks" stronger.
http://kmhearts.proboards43.com
kingdom Hearts forum ... Over 2000 posts and counting!
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Hmm...I guess they just don't make The World like they used to. I mean, it's been about 4 years, they've probably updated the hell out of it. Shugo's bracelet seems more powerful in some ways, but that's probably because it's a New The World, not the The World that Kite had fought in. Or Aura was busy making changes. *shrugs*
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

kboy7 wrote:Well I have not seen Shugo's bracelet DD but I personally think Kites "looks" stronger.
Shugo's bracelet does data drain... D: I beleive it was in one of the first episodes that he changed a large monster into a bouncing sword.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.