About Morganna

.hack//Dusk (manga and anime) discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Lord Atanoon
Lowbie

About Morganna

Post by Lord Atanoon »

huh i search in the web for info and i read that morganna make the appearence in one of the episode of legend of the twilight, i only miss one episode that is phoenix wing but then no other, and i dont remember see morganna or at least the name of she.
Because you are a puppet... im a puppet.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

The Website might have been referring to Moruti, a Wandering AI. There is no proof if there is any connection between the two. Of course, you are right. Morganna HERSELF never makes an appearance (since she has no physical form) Some people have theorized that Moruti is a part of Morganna's original coding mixed with Aura's or something along those lines
Rectos Dominos
Flame Sage
Player Character

Post by Flame Sage »

Well its argueable that a random AI (moruti) could just popup out of no where with AI, from no known source, I mean it just couldnt all of a sudden be 'there'. remember pretty much all AI's were born from Morgenta, and she used Virus Cores to create data bugs, so forth and so on
Remember: I Have seen MANY npcs, but all AI's I see come from morgenta.

(heh sorry if I accidently start up the Moruti discussion agian ^^;)
Grunty Farming List:
Noble Grunty: 5
If you could attack gruntys, I would have slaughtered all Noble Grunty's from the planet!
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

I disagree with the whole 'all AIs are from Morganna' issue...

Moruti may be labeled as a 'Wandering AI', but I believe that she is just like the NPCs at Net Slum- created from data from other people/data. A bit stronger, yes, but the NPCs at Net Slum also have a will of their own to wander.

Then again, the anime also kind of goes off into a canon; It's quite possible that she's just there so that some sort of conflict/evil being is there >_>;

Edit: Morganna did not create Aura, if that's where you're getting to. Lycoris was created before Morganna (I think?) and Aura. Morganna was created to aid the birth of Aura and soon be deleted. Aura 'created' Zephie.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

actually, Lycoris was created by Morganna to take advantage of a loophole. She's supposed to create the Ultimate AI, it doesn't say it has to be Aura. So she starts up a new AI and builds it up, then takes it apart at the last minute. Lycoris was one of these AI's. Moruti, hmm, There is no way she has ANY connection to Morganna, that's for sure. Why didn't she show up in the past FOUR YEARS? Why doesn't anyone make ANY reference to Morganna when she shows up? She's either a failed Aura Clone (most likely) Some sort of Net Slum AI that fused with a Data Bug or something, or an AI that the hacker kids made themselves in order to help understand death. It could be possible.
Rectos Dominos
Lord Atanoon
Lowbie

Post by Lord Atanoon »

yeah, i think its that moruti was created for that child the hacker, i dont think that she would give her life only for defend the girl, the crazy one that want to know the meaning of death.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

No - none of the Hacker Kids created Moruti.

Remember the connection the Heavyaxe and Moruti had? They were very close; They had found eachother one day in "The World", and since then, together went off to find the true meaning of death.
Lord Atanoon
Lowbie

Post by Lord Atanoon »

sorry duskino but i dont remember see in the series what you told about moruti, or even hear about it, could you say when they say that.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Lord Atanoon wrote:sorry duskino but i dont remember see in the series what you told about moruti, or even hear about it, could you say when they say that.
It's one of the last episodes.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Well, yea, either way. The origins of Moruti are both unknown and irrevelent. But Being a failed Aura Clone seems the most likely in my opinion.
Rectos Dominos
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Lord Atanoon wrote:sorry duskino but i dont remember see in the series what you told about moruti, or even hear about it, could you say when they say that.
Very last episode. I don't know about the dub--never watched it and never plan to--but in the Japanese version, when everything is disintergrating into nothing, the Heavyaxe begins to go into explainations of her and Moruti's mission. Why do you think Moruti went all homocidal anyway? Why do you think all she was concerned about was death? If I have to post screen shots, I will.
YamiJared wrote:Well, yea, either way. The origins of Moruti are both unknown and irrevelent. But Being a failed Aura Clone seems the most likely in my opinion.
I personally doubt some 'clone' or stray data fragment from Aura would go astray and bloom into a new being; So the question being, who would create the 'Aura Clone', and for what reason? VEEEERY few people by this time even know who Aura is; the whole "Twilight Incident" is pretty much clouded in mystery.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

An Aura Clone is something like Lycoris or Zelfi. In AI Buster, Morganna was making copies of Aura and taking them apart at the last minute in order to both practice her programming skills and to take advantage of a loophole. Moruti could be one of these clones that weren't quite deleted. Either that, or she was and sent to Net Slum like Lycoris, and she escaped.
Rectos Dominos