.Hack//Dusk ends Shugo Mireille ect...?

.hack//Dusk (manga and anime) discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Yakul

.Hack//Dusk ends Shugo Mireille ect...?

Post by Yakul »

Since the Dusk series is over does that mean that they will start off with different charries in other words no more shugo, ren, mireille ect.?
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Post by End of a Shadow »

Series is done, why try and ruin and waste a budget on trying to continue a series that everyone will eventually get tired of? In other words, if they want to let it go, then let it go and just rewatch what is good. ((good example of a series that just gets tiring over and over, dbz)) Would you really want .hack to fall in the "tiring" category in the discount anime pile at your local store?
.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
Untitled63

Post by Untitled63 »

I'd really love for Shugo and Rena's story to continues...i mean the manga didn't really have an ending (it even said "Never End")...there's so many questions that still need answering.
Also I don't think people will get bored with it...i think it will keep going like Final Fanatsy games... there's so many things they can do with the series that there will always be people waiting for more...and there are still LOTS of dbz fans...so i don't think .hack will...

-.hack never end
Our future may be bright, for after the darkness follows the light...but there's still things to fear, for the end could be near...
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Part of the thing that makes .hack great is that it has a definite ending. Pulling a DBZ on it would make the series suck, pure and simple. All good things must end, and by ending, allow the fans to continue the universe among themselves.

Of course the story never ends, why would it? There's always something that the characters can do. But CC2 is right in putting down the reins of the story, and just working on the stuff that happens in between the known beginning and the known end.
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Shindow Of The Azure Sky

Post by Shindow Of The Azure Sky »

i'm kinda torn between the fact that i want to see more of these characters yet i don't want them to have to go and get caught up in another adventure i mean yeah it's exciting but just once it would be good just to play the game, in the game i spent a lot of time just messing around playing and lvling up my char which made the game so much easier to beat
send me a msg on comments about the sig i made
alucard
Player Character

Post by alucard »

End of a Shadow wrote:Series is done, why try and ruin and waste a budget on trying to continue a series that everyone will eventually get tired of?
this old quote is just funny now with 4 new games announced and something else (manga/anime/OVA) :wink:

And I think that I won't be tired of :lol:
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen
Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

The manga series was great, but the show that accompanied it was too... cutesy. Its why I got sick of Pokemon, yelling "Rena! Rena!" a million times got annoying. I hope they stick to the coolness of the origional show, but the action that the GU trailer had for whatever they do next.
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

hmm true true...if i had a dollar for everytime i heard shugo say "rena"...

anyway hopefully GU will be better and more exciting.

Better yet though if the World were a real rpg......
Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

*cough cough* http://dothack.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3100

.hack//fragments its not quite "the world" but its good enough.
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

actually, it probably wouldn't be that hard to design an advanced virtual reality game with modern technology. there arre already technologies that allow peoples thoughs to be read by computers (although the two readable commands right now consist of "left" and "right"). that could be adapted into a headset like in .hack, for moving ur charecter around.

it would just be too expensive to mass-produce right now.