Books...

.hack//Dusk (manga and anime) discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

StrBerrYHeD

Books...

Post by StrBerrYHeD »

Okay..I have all three manga and am working on collecting the novel. But, I wanted to know abou the show. I know it is caled .hack//dusk but I am stil currently watching .hack//sign. I would really want to know what happens. Um..sorta.

[edit by Elk: "This forum isn't for animal crossing, please stick to your topic. ._.;;;"]
I'm the Heart of Your World....

Don't Break Me....

(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")

This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

//DUSK was just the fan-made name for it. Its domestic name is .hack//Legend of the Twilight, or on Cartoon Network, .hack//Legends. Basically, the anime is considered non-canon, or an alternate storyline. Perhaps one could go even so far as to say that it's a retelling of the manga. You see, both the manga and the anime start out the same, but after a certain point, things start to branch off. As I'm sure you're well aware, Zefie is a major character in the manga. However, in the anime, she doesn't even exist! Rather, in her place is a new character, an enemy, called Moruti (pronounced MORE-TEE). To go any more indepth about her character would ony spoil things, so I'll spare you the details. .hack//Legend of the Twilight still has reruns on Cartoon Network, and all three volumes of the DVD have been released. Volume One is available with a box to collect the three volumes. Most people loathe the anime, while I personally find it to be superior to the manga. Zefie's little antics are quite annoying to me, and really draw away from the .hack "feel". Then again, .hack//Legend of the Twilight wasn't ment to be a serious series, but still....it's a personal taste. I recommend you check out the anime on Cartoon Network before you buy the first volume, so you can make an intelligent decision. But don't watch it right now; it's down to the last three episodes, I believe.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Meh, I saw the first ep before I read the first volume. I honestly liked the manga better. *shrugs* Then again, I don't like Sanjuro as much as I like Wiseman.
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

but i thought the anime was based off of the manga? how the heck can it NOT have Zefie? that removes most of the plot!
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

Neo wrote:but i thought the anime was based off of the manga? how the heck can it NOT have Zefie? that removes most of the plot!
They do that. The peopel decide it's better. They did the same with "Wolf's Rain" Only two comics and it's different from the anime. It's jsut something they decide to do. Maybe it's for interest, maybe it's for money, but I wish tey wouldda left it the same. I don't like the anime but I adore the comics for it.
HEY! This rock is shiny... *beds down to pick it up* It must have some importance on our quest... *Stands* ONWARD! *walks ahead and out of the reach of a blade*

*looks around* RP? Hullo? Anyone? C'mon! A RP, guys, that's all I ask!
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

That's what happens when animators decide to start the anime version before the manga gets far enough to where the animators don't catch up so quickly, and then have to start throwing out their own ideas (which usually don't end up that good-- Fullmetal Alchemist is a good example of this).

Animators usually don't pay attention to key plot points and the plot all together nearly as much as the original manga-ka do. They just want your money, after all :/
Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

true, but how did they even make a plot without zefie, or a similar charecter?
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Neo wrote:true, but how did they even make a plot without zefie, or a similar charecter?
The anime was finished before Zefie was released. It may have been that they didn't even invent further into the manga's story until the anime was finished.. or at least to my understanding.

I suggest watching the anime to see its own story. It's.... special. :roll:
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

You give it too much credit. XD. I could not sit through too many epis of the anime... The books are great, the colours in the aniem are good, but you see, because of my music obsession, my ears are sensitive. I don't know about yous guyz, but the lil' kids voices annoy me. d'oh ><
I mean, It could just be me, but... I don't know, the voices are messed up. Anyways, other than that lil' rant, the anime's not that bad. Could've been better.
HEY! This rock is shiny... *beds down to pick it up* It must have some importance on our quest... *Stands* ONWARD! *walks ahead and out of the reach of a blade*

Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

No, no, it's not -bad-, it was actually getting good until they decided to throw in a few plot holes-- And then, they didn't even make an ending that made any sense at all.

It just didn't flow at all with the original story.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Oh wow...this reminds me of when the series had its first run through, and the ending was described somewhat as follows:

[spoiler]M: SHUGOOOOO!!! RENNNNAAA!!
*R and S fly off into the sky and EXPLODE*
-Credit Roll-
Everyone: YAY NEW ADVENTURE AND EVERYTHING'S OKAY AGAIN!!!! YAY![/spoiler]
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

I hate watching endings sometimes.. They can be so lame. My sotry ends with me killing the my main chick. That's a good ending. Dramatic, emotional, tear jerking. But that could be me!