The comic at the end of each DUSK volume

.hack//Dusk (manga and anime) discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Neo
Lowbie

The comic at the end of each DUSK volume

Post by Neo »

each legend of the twilight book has this 1 page comic at the end that appears to be balmung fighting kite. what is that?
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

[spoiler]The rumor is that it is a sort of prequel to .hack//G.U. This is, all speculation, of course.[/spoiler]
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

thats what i thought, but the art style is so different from the rest of the book, so its hard to understand
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

well, it says "Super-hot game version" at the top >< That should give you the idea it has something to do with the games, hai? Hai, sou desu ka, believe or not, but they did thr art different so you know it's not part of the comic. Well.. It is, but I mean, not relevant.
HEY! This rock is shiny... *beds down to pick it up* It must have some importance on our quest... *Stands* ONWARD! *walks ahead and out of the reach of a blade*

*looks around* RP? Hullo? Anyone? C'mon! A RP, guys, that's all I ask!
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

It's an 'omake'-- A lot of manga has little extras at the end with no real relevence to the actual story.
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

Yea, that's the word. I did know that cause I've heard that before. XD Just goes to show ya I only remember the things I shouldn't say in school! XD (ie baka and the other forms of itXD)
HEY! This rock is shiny... *beds down to pick it up* It must have some importance on our quest... *Stands* ONWARD! *walks ahead and out of the reach of a blade*

Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

what i meant by the different style is its hard to understand. i mean, you can't even tell who's saying what in some of the panels (most you can though). [spoiler]but why is "kite" talking about justice? he's freaking killing balmung![/spoiler]
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Neo wrote:what i meant by the different style is its hard to understand. i mean, you can't even tell who's saying what in some of the panels (most you can though). [spoiler]but why is "kite" talking about justice? he's freaking killing balmung![/spoiler]
Bah, who knows? [spoiler]I was highly confused by it until I heard the //G.U. announcement and saw the trailer. Maybe its connected, maybe its not. I guess its just one of those mysteries, it will be interesting to see if //G.U. is connected and how.[/spoiler]
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

[spoiler]i'm sure it is. i now have heard a reference to tri-edge as being "the ultimate pk, surrounded by an azure flame" or something like that. anyway, balmung in the comic says "oh thats right" "i was defeated" "by that azure flame..."[/spoiler]
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

[spoiler]The comic would be a preview of some sort for the game. But if u can see the kite in the comic is just normal kite. No 3 edge blades or new look.[/spoiler]
Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

[spoiler]yes, but it says he was surrounded by an azure flame...maybe a virus took over the kite avatar? presumably the reason kite's cosume is sewed together is because it was torn up, maybe at that sccene (note that kite was on fire). as for the weapons, he doesn't appear to have any, just Data Drain.[/spoiler]
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

[spoiler] well, of course, he uses data drain too much is probably what'll lead up the comics.. Then, maybe, he's forced to abandon the avatar and the virus completely takes over and BOOM you get tri-edge~ Of course, this is only a theory.[/spoiler]

Neo
Lowbie

Post by Neo »

[spoiler]that works. (by "he" you mean shugo, right?) although balmung seems to think at first that its kite playing it, not shugo (he says: "kite's energy is maxed out") but then realizes its actually a virus ("this man-that kite! not him!").[/spoiler]
Last edited by Neo on Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiyte
Lowbie

Post by kiyte »

[spoiler] iie, not shugo... I don't think it's him. Shugo could never *makes a face* Not uh. [/spoiler] And for those of you who noticed, I'm Kiyte, close to Kite, right? It's actually an interesting story... I'm just trying to talk now (it makes me feel better when I'm sad)