Canon version?

.hack//Dusk (manga and anime) discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Kurai-Chin

Canon version?

Post by Kurai-Chin »

I'd really love to believe that the manga was the canon version of UdeDen. The anime was kind of... eh. I liked the inclusion of Sanjuro, but it was just too "cute" for me to think of it in the right way, not to mention the whole "REEEEENA! 8O" thing, which was incredibly tiring.

Well, back to the point. I just want to know which form of UdeDen (manga or anime) was the official continuation of the series. Logically it would be the manga since it came first, but I'm not sure.
My sound and fury signify nothing.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Either could be. The anime ended around the time that the second volume of the Manga was released.

I personally like to think of them as 2 different things.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Most people consider the manga to be canon for the very reasons you mentioned. The novels like //Another Birth, //ZERO, and //AI BUSTERS fit in with the manga's story alot better also.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

True, I saw one episode of it expecting it to include Zefie or something cool. I heard the "REEEEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" bit being yelled in the haunted house. I never felt like watching another episode after that.
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

well i dont mean to sound like a total nOOb,but what is UdeDen?? also sorry for reviving this topic, just dont wanna start a new one on the same thing,any way,can someone anwser me?!
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

kiruku wrote:well i dont mean to sound like a total nOOb,but what is UdeDen?? also sorry for reviving this topic, just dont wanna start a new one on the same thing,any way,can someone anwser me?!
A .hack mini series in both anime & manga form (with different stories). Next time, start a new thread or use a reference site like wikipedia. Thanks.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.