in the game they feel why?

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Lord Atanoon
Lowbie

in the game they feel why?

Post by Lord Atanoon »

okay, im having this questions when i saw hacksign, tsukasa, mimiru and all the player can feel its the area is hot, cold. like in the hack legend of the twilight when they are looking for rena, they were to this area with snow and shugo say its so cold, why he can sense this, is supose that is a game and the only thing that they have is the controler and the thing that goes in the head. how they can really feel that i do not understand. please help me to understanding.
Because you are a puppet... im a puppet.
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Okay, first off, Tsukasa is the only one in "The World" who can feel because he's a special case, in which he could feel things because his mind was in the game (and is in a coma in real life), so any pain he felt, he thought to be real. Mimiru, I'm guessing (episode 14 Castle?) she made a comment about feeling the sweat on Bear's hand. Mimiru was scared, so she could have imagined the sweat on her controler to be the sweat in the game, as she seemingly forgot she was even playing a game. As for Shuugo and everyone, it's likely they were role playing, seeing as no one seemed to be freaked out in any way, when if they felt cold in the real world, they most likely would be, or least had some kind of reaction.
Lord Atanoon
Lowbie

Post by Lord Atanoon »

i see but the real question is why they feel yeah i dont ask you about tsukasa i know his a special case like he been disconect in the real world he dissapear. but like the other when subaru ask tsukasa he say that he dont know. But i dont realice that shugo is a special case or maybe is the bracelet, this is a real pain.
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

No, i'm saying Shuugo can't feel in the real world. He's pretending he can. It's called "Role Playing." If he could actually feel cold in the real world, I think he would freak out, or at least notice, and say something. Subaru was asking whether Tsukasa could feel, because she knows he can, but he's the only one who can.
Lord Atanoon
Lowbie

Post by Lord Atanoon »

ok, i see they just dong like they feel its not real, i began to think that the bracelet give that ability to shugo i am understanding a litle more of the game but another questions how they can speak with other characters without a phone in his console(the thing in the head), and if they do that dont you think that in his home they hear it.
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

They aren't speaking, they're actually typing like they would in any RPG. The voices are added to make the show/game more interesting than reading off the bottom of the screen.
Lord Atanoon
Lowbie

Post by Lord Atanoon »

oh now i see the things that are in the tv show is only to do it more interesting, like the feeling, the sense, and the talk and i think is the same for the pain. i dont have more questions. thank you. :D
Lord Atanoon
Lowbie

Post by Lord Atanoon »

its been a while since i post is because i been playing the game okay. well i bought all the dvd of sign for the extras an in the extra episode intermezzo there is a character that look like gardenia but its level up by 3 diferents players and if you can see the 3 speaks in the real world and the character in the world speaks how is that posible if you say that they type the things that are saying huh.
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

No, they're talking amonst themselves (if i remeber correctly), not actually saying what they say in the game. If they are talking like you say, maybe It's because they want to. If you see the headsets, they have an earpiece, but not a mouth piece, so I think it would be hard to talk into a game like that, without the nessesary equiptment.
apostle13
Player Character

Post by apostle13 »

Actually, I think they do have mouthpieces that come off of the ear parts. I'll try to find a pic somewhere.
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

They do talk in the game, and those voices they make aren't just to make it seem lively. You can input words just by talking, and your voice will be heard by the other players.

And that explains why Mimika seems as if she were talking to herself, too, because she has three voice input source at the same time.
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Wait a minute, if they can talk thu the headsets, and it is transmitted to the game, then what about the hacker kids from .hack//LOTT? They were talking about they're devious scheem while playing "the world" someone would notice and report them. So if they can talk like that then they must have a way of turning it off.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

mannshjj wrote:Wait a minute, if they can talk thu the headsets, and it is transmitted to the game, then what about the hacker kids from .hack//LOTT? They were talking about they're devious scheem while playing "the world" someone would notice and report them. So if they can talk like that then they must have a way of turning it off.
True, there could be a volume meter on the headsets, and they can turn the volume off, because you heard the three high school girls talk in Intermezzo so they must be able to talk into the headsets
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

That makes me wonder, how can a character be controlled by 3 players at ONCE? seems kinda stupid, how would that work?
Rectos Dominos
greensteeldragon
Player Character

Post by greensteeldragon »

YamiJared wrote:That makes me wonder, how can a character be controlled by 3 players at ONCE? seems kinda stupid, how would that work?
They would pass the controller around like a baton in a race (like one of the three were saying in the episode "I can't run in real life so this is what it must feel like passing the final turn in a relay" or something along those lines)
"I ALWAYS DRINK SAKE AT THE CHERRY BLOSSUM FESTIVAL! I DON'T CARE IF THE BUZZ ISN'T REAL--I CAN ROLE-PLAY BEING DRUNK!" -Balmung- dotHack//Legend of the Twilight