in the game they feel why?

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Lord Atanoon
Lowbie

Post by Lord Atanoon »

but if you think about it, i dont think that has to put that kind of thing if say that in the world can sense feeling, but i think is to make it more realistic.
Because you are a puppet... im a puppet.
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

0.o Rhyste is back?

Huhuhu yep we mainly see crying only in SIGN, which is animated ^^;;
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Allama91

Post by Allama91 »

I GOT IT!!!!!

The headsets send little signals to the players brain that fools it into thinking that a fealing is real!

And maybe the headset can pick up sounds that you make when you say, cry and puts it in the game.

Course I'm a total noob so Hey, what do I know >_<

Heh Heh sorry about the lame sig like I said I'm a Total noob
Master Of All Keyblades.
Mua Ha Ha Ha
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

I thought it is mentioned in AI Buster that there are commands like /smile /clap, etc, but I dunno bout /cry ^^;; it may be also there, tho

But AFAIK, /cry commands in MMORPGS are used mostly as jokes, not as real crying. Subaru using /sob in RO would seem like a joke more than a romantic scene to me fufufu ^^;
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Allama91

Post by Allama91 »

What the heck is AI Busters... O_o

Dang I hate Being a Noob
Master Of All Keyblades.
Mua Ha Ha Ha
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

See that little Search option in the corner of the site? It has the magical power to search through old threads for the answer to your questions!

Brad, I see your point, but just because it's usually used as a joke doesn't mean it can't be used for sincere purposes. But since we see Subaru lying on her keyboard, this probably isn't the case. Is it possible that some supernatural anthroposophy term kicked in that allowed Tsukasa to know Subaru was crying, or did he simply hear her sobs in the microphone and he perceived it as Subaru's character crying in the game? ((also, about Subaru's clothes. I find it neat that since her HP was low, Tsukasa perceived it as Subaru's character being tattered and beaten))
Rectos Dominos
Allama91

Post by Allama91 »

oh... sorry
Master Of All Keyblades.
Mua Ha Ha Ha
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Yeah, I think that makes sense too. And I thought we all agreed that there was something indeed in those VR Headphones? ^^

Hmm I just tried to put myself in Subaru's shoes. I think if I'm her, I wouldn't use the cry command and hug tsukasa instead. But that's just me

now that I think of it, in real mmorpgs, can tsukasa differentiate between sad crying and joke crying? ^^;;; it would be funny if he percieved a joke crying as a real one and acts awkwardly XD
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Allama91

Post by Allama91 »

Probobly no way to tell in reality...
Master Of All Keyblades.
Mua Ha Ha Ha
Lord Atanoon
Lowbie

Post by Lord Atanoon »

about the headphones if you see the final episode of sign return when Sora was data drain, you can see when hes falling that his headphones has something to talk in the world.

a litle circular thing almost in his mouth.

that is for sure for talking in the world.
Because you are a puppet... im a puppet.
Azuwilt

Post by Azuwilt »

now that I think of it, in real mmorpgs, can tsukasa differentiate between sad crying and joke crying? ^^;;; it would be funny if he percieved a joke crying as a real one and acts awkwardly XD
I think that this might be possible, because Tsukasa once said to Mimiru that he didn't have a good grasp of time. Maybe this aplies to other things, like interpreting what others not in his situation might be feeling.

Just a theory.
When the snow melts, what does it become?
-Sohma Hatori
DruVirus

Post by DruVirus »

Well, as a big MMORPG player, I have to say for the most part, .. it isn't quite possible to react so quickly. At least, .. not as much so and not as wide a range as in The World. But you have to remember this is the future, .. better technology.

In EverQuest, you're able to vocalize certain commands, if you have the appropriate software, .. so I'm sure it's even better here. I'm sure though you can switch between manual and vocalize .. or a combination of both. You could yell out spells, while moving your character around, and things like that.

But the way they move .. so fluidly .. dodging a certain attack one way while rolling away from the next, etc etc .. it is mostly just for show, since it IS an anime. Who would want to watch a guy just, .. standing there, using the same one or two sword motions?

As for the feeling of sensation, .. in AI Buster, Hokuto even shivers when she enters the area for The One Sin event. More than likely this is a roleplaying aspect. She sees now around her, .. she types /shiver, .. and it automatically makes her character model shiver, while she types, or says, how cold it is. However, it may lie in somewhere else, .. perhaps with character stats. I'm not sure, other than .hack games, about the layout of The World itself. Being in a cold area, or a hot area, may raise defenses .. or could automatically make your character react a certain way (If it's hot, character sweats; cold, character shivers; etc.) without the person holding the controller having to do anything.

But even if Shugo, or someone else, says "Ow!" in game if something hits them, .. it doesnt' mean he feels it. Think about people's reactions when they play racing games. They sometimes tilt the controller to the left or right when turning that direction. Or with fighting games they might spazz left or right when punching and kicking. It's just human nature.
Kurai-Chin

Post by Kurai-Chin »

Brad_Evans wrote:I thought it is mentioned in AI Buster that there are commands like /smile /clap, etc, but I dunno bout /cry ^^;; it may be also there, tho

But AFAIK, /cry commands in MMORPGS are used mostly as jokes, not as real crying. Subaru using /sob in RO would seem like a joke more than a romantic scene to me fufufu ^^;
Yeah, that type of command is how it's done. =/ Wow, when you think of it that way it really does kill the scene. XD
My sound and fury signify nothing.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

I'VE GOT IT!!!In .hack//GIFT from the fourth game bear or orca say something about these sensors being set just right at that spa place :D

please correct me if i'm wrong....