"Please tell me.. Are you Mia?"

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Epsilon
Lowbie

"Please tell me.. Are you Mia?"

Post by Epsilon »

After you defeat the last dungeon, Macha becomes Mia. Why is that? I know that they are both cat players, but otherwise, there is no correlation between them. See, Macha correlates with Morganna and Tsukasa, Mia with Elk and the '8 Phases'.. So who created Mia? Did I miss something or what o_o;. Otherwise its not important but.. I just like to know whats going on, if possible.
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Morganna (well actually Harold) created Mia/Macha/Maha, and they are the same person, and the 6th Phase of 8. Maha, her first form (.hack//SIGN ep.25) was data drained into Mia, and lost most of her memories. (Tsukasa ect.)
Epsilon
Lowbie

ah

Post by Epsilon »

Arigatou! *bow* Thank you for explaining the scenario to me. I would have pieced it together eventually.. but hey, it always helps when other people already know the answers, ne? ^^!
mvrckbass
Legend

Post by mvrckbass »

true just dont go to the point where it annoys the mods :wink:
Epsilon
Lowbie

oh?

Post by Epsilon »

Well, pardon me if I am annoying anyone by thanking them for giving me information. From now on I will PM my "Arigatou's". As for your post, it has no correlation to the subject. So if anyone annoys anything its going to be you. My status may say 'Newbie' but do not mistake me for one, kthnx. Moderators, I apologize for my incoherent post in response to mvrckbass-san's, but I think its perfectly legal to stick up for yourself, wouldn't you agree? *inhale* *recomposes* Gomen.

(About the ending - to make up for my off-subject-rant above)
The ending with Elk and Mia was absolutely precious. I actaully cried ^^;. Most people dislike Elk and Mia's relationship, but I think its very adorable. Elk looks up to Mia and it takes alot to admire someone's qualities that much. Even though Mia is an AI, I still see her as a Player Character ^^.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Ha... I love that ending ^^ I think it's really adorable..

People don't like Mia & Elk's relationship? Never heard of that. Boo to them! *chases with paper fan >o<*

But yeah, I agree, I find it hard to see Mia as 'just an AI' :3
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Mia is an AI yes, but a HUMAN one. I'm surpised that Aura is ranked above Mia, and that Mia/Macha is given no credit for her own humanity! O.o oh yea, and anyone who doesn't like MiaXElk must be destroyed! :twisted:
Rectos Dominos
Epsilon
Lowbie

elk x mia

Post by Epsilon »

Well, its not really that they oppose Elk x Mia. Its mostly only Mia that people don't like ._.; Makes me want to smack them really hard, Lol. I think Mia is a great character! She plays tricks on Piros.. that makes her 'kik arse' in my book! Anyone who doesn't like Elk is going to burn in hell, for obvious reasons ^^;;.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

ok, for one thing, there is no one in the world who doesn't like Elk. he's awesomeness at it's core. and Mia! she picks on Piros! a tormenter of Piros is awesome in anyone's book! I mean, GOD! it's Piros! >.<
Rectos Dominos
redrose
Lowbie

Post by redrose »

true,truemia may not b a playing character but she is there and no one can change that fact she has a inpact on characters as well as AI 's too
RedRose
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

*wonders who these Mia-dislikers are* They shall perish... *dons his 8 phase hammer* (It'd be a sword, but Eggplants can only wield hammers...)

Anyway, yes, Mia x Elk is a very nice couple.
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Yes! we can all agree that Elk and Mia are like Salt and Pepper! ^^ and on the offchance that Mia dies or summat, there's always Elk and Kite ^________^ YAOI!
Rectos Dominos
Epsilon
Lowbie

elk x yaoi <3

Post by Epsilon »

Did someone say yaoi? :3 Tehee. I've read a few Elk x Kite, as well as many many others ^^;. I mean, Elk did say that he only admired Mia etc.. So~ That leaves him open for yaoi galore, I'd say! Muah. I've actually written one.. But I never typed it up. I guess I should do that o_o;.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Go back on topic, or this topic will be locked. Talking about Yaoi is fandom.. not proper series discussion. >_>;;
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Epsilon
Lowbie

gawah

Post by Epsilon »

Sorry~ Yaoi is just such a tempting subject ^^;;.

(Back to general topic!)

Maha 'n' Tsukasa vs. Mia 'n' Elk

Personally, I am torn between Elk and Maha.. I love both characters o-o. But overall.. I suppose I vote Mia 'n' Elk. The way Elk looks up to Mia as a person he would like to become is admirable, not to mention, it reminds me of a similar real life situation of mine. But then again, Maha and the way she risks her life and goes against Morganna's wishes to save Tsukasa.. That's pretty much a heart-warmer as well.

Your thoughts? ^^

(gomennn Elk-san~)