"Please tell me.. Are you Mia?"

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Brad, Analysis...isn't really the best source for info, it was a third party project I believe. It also says Moruti is an Aura clone and that Lycoris and Zelfi were Keys of the Twilight, which is obviously false (Zelfi being born after Twilight, and Lycoris both not living that long AND having no real connection to Aura)
Rectos Dominos
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Well, it's only either you believe it or not, right? ^^;

Analysis, as far as I know is not a third party project, Encyclo is said to be so, even though I can't really confirm if that it's true. Anyway, if what they're selling is fake info, how come they got advertised in all the official .hack sites? Well at one point there're some fake info there, like putting Helba's pic (the dancing woman form) in the 8 phases page, but not necessaryly discussing that the dancing lady is Morganna or one the 8 phases. But in Mia's case, they clearly state that even tho "she" has mune like a girl, "she" is male.

Anyways, if you guys want to stick to Mia = female, Do so. I don't have anything against it anyway ^^;

And how do you explain the "kare" then ^^;
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Tsukasa
Peanut Butter Mod

Post by Tsukasa »

I do want to clear up a misconception already used in this discussion- 'boku' is not feminine. 'boku' is actually a masculine term adopted by girls who are often thought of as tomboys. It's trans-gender, but it does have a 'boyish' tone to it.

Otherwise, I'm going to site aside and continue to monitor. Game on. :D
Budget Zen: When you see something so stupid that your mind goes blank rather than try to rationalize it.
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

*just reads Rhyste's old post*

ah yep, I just remembered ^^;; I used it for showing that Mia > guy too sometime ago, thx Rhys.
Japanese version, Mia refers to themself as "Boku." Further more, Mia is on the top half of the member address list with the REST OF THE MALE CHARACTERS~! ^_^
Well, true that boku has nothing to do with gender, but the other argument does, and it's undeniable ^^
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

"Top section, males and tomboys alike. Please select two party members!" *sits back in the elevator*

Seriously though, I don't think that there are too many really good arguments going either way...

But then I'm forced to wonder. If Mia is more of a male PC, then why is Elk attracted to her? *shakes his head* It seems to be more of a het pairing than a yaoi pairing...

Eh, I'm not in my right mind for arguments anyway...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

AI's are Genderless, since they're just computer data. Mia takes the form of a female; she but isn't really anything. :\
People refer to her as female, because of her body... just like how everyone refered to Tsukasa as a he, for the longest time.

Brad, might you please post your theory on Mia being male, with evidence?
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Well, yeah, I said it already, I think ^^;

1. Encyclopedia bluntly says that "Even tho Mia has mune like a girl, he is male"

2. He is on top half of the member address list with the other male characters. Aside from Sora, Subaru, Tsukasa, and Helba, which I don't know why is put on the bottom of the list (to state that they're just AI?). The member address is sorted male on top, female on the bottom. and with Mia's Member address placed between.... ur... is it Orca? and Elk, I think the games want to state that Mia's PC itself is male.

You may want to argue about Mia categorized as an AI if he is put on the very top, but no, he is put in between the other males.

If you still want to take Mia > Female, well then do so ^^;; I have nothing against it anyway.

If you want to put it tomboy on top half, then why Gardenia and Rachel is not on the top half? --;;

As to why Elk is attracted to Mia even though he's male.... ur... how bout Subaru then ^^;;; she's attracted to Tsukasa even though she knows that Tsukasa is a she ^^;

Anyway, if you want to see how such female looking character can be actually male, go consult clamp, they got loads of them. I'm sick enough with genders after reading Wish >_<
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Brad_Evans wrote: If you want to put it tomboy on top half, then why Gardenia and Rachel is not on the top half? --;;

As to why Elk is attracted to Mia even though he's male.... ur... how bout Subaru then ^^;;; she's attracted to Tsukasa even though she knows that Tsukasa is a she ^^;

Anyway, if you want to see how such female looking character can be actually male, go consult clamp, they got loads of them. I'm sick enough with genders after reading Wish >_<
Oh dear... *pats your brain* Too much CLAMP can do that.

And Subaru thought Tsukasa was a male for a really long time. The fact that the IRL player was female didn't stop what was already there. (...Tsukasa's player is An, right?) I'm just saying that it was a straight pairing to start with...heh, love conquers all, including gender boundaries.

Erm...I don't consider Gardenia or Rachel tomboys. Personality-wise, they seem more "standoffish" and "I can do this my self, so shup" type characters... *shrugs* It was a joke anyway.
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Well, still, it can't be denied that Mia was on top half with the other male pcs ^^;

And I believe Kite didn't sort it himself, it looks like it was sorted automatically according to the PC's gender.

If Kite did sort it out himself, he certainly will put Blackrose and Mistral on top of the list. Since those two are Kite's closest friends.

Well, if you say that I can say that Elk is attracted to Mia thinking that he's a girl, but then he realizes he's a he, the feeling's there already Xb

Anyway, if you're asking for more arguments, I don't have anymore. If you don't want to believe it, well then do so. ^^;
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

And so the dragon takes the stand...

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

Is that all the evidence you have?

I'm not convinced. Not even a little.

There are millions of people against your believe (maybe even Mia herself) as a fact. So why don't you save all of us a headache and just say that it's what YOU believe.

I fought a lossing battle myself by saying that Mia wasn't an AI. I got a lot of people ticked off including a couple of mods until I said that it was what I wanted to believe. Whether it is fact or not is something I have come to realise as being inconsequential. If you actually believe that you're right then just believe queitly.

Mia is just Mia.

Now for everyone's sanity I want to move this topic back to where it was before all of this.

I really enjoyed the ending with Mia and Elk. It was one of the rare moments when I actually cried. I was relieved to see that Mia was okay.

And....

I want to meet the person who says that they don't like Mia.

Maybe I can change their mind.

<Starts sharping sword>
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Did I say I don't like Mia x Elk? ^^;;; I have always see myself in Elk, to be honest, and I have someone that I look up as my "Mia" too, even tho mayb not as "focused on one person" as the real Elk

I'm just saying his PC is considered as male. Admit it, Mia is put in between the males ^^;

Well, and i said I have nothing against you want to consider Mia as female ^^;; the us game afaik DOES refer to Mia as "she". Don't need to be that offensive, do you? But in the other way I agree with you, as long as I believe it, it's true anyway, ne ^_^

Anyway, I do feel it's better to go back to the main topic
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

If Mia is a male, Kite knows that? Because Kite just put it between the males...
I think that Kite didn't know Mia's gender, and thinks that is a girl... But why he put her between the males??? :/ I'm a little confused @_______________________________@
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

That's what I've been saying ^^;;;; Mia's PC is actually male in the Japanese games (shown by referring to Mia as "kare"). I know the US version refers to Mia as "she" several times, because they practically changed Mia's gender.

I personally think AI have no gender too, but the PC that Mia used is technically male, that's what I've been trying to say ^^;

I suppose the Member list sorted out itself automatically, and not sorted out by Kite. If it doesn't work automatically (ok, now I use another evidence because you may want to say Mistral and Blackrose indeed are put in top of the females), Balmung (and maybe Wiseman) must be put on the first rows of the males, but throughout the game, he stays on the bottom of the list.

I think I said I want to go back to the main topic ><
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

Wah... :O
If Mia is considered a male... she doesn't know it? Because she technically didn't have gender...
I suppose that thats coz the Mia's character is based in a male's character, but with a cat-woman's aspect...
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

I can see what you're trying to say, but... Mia's avatar has far too feminine curves, & a much more feminine name to be male... You're right that she's technically genderless, but she appears to look more like a woman.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.