"Please tell me.. Are you Mia?"

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

I would reply with nightcrawler's last sentence, I guess ^^;;

Since Mia is officially female in the us games, you can continue to think like that anyway ^^;; Mia is officially both male (japanese) and female (usa), in my opinion. Just like Hotaru irl is officially male in the anime and female in the manga ^^; (well actually the better comparison for that is Skeith's staff, but oh well)

If you want to judge by looks, try guessing character gender in CLAMP works ^^;;; Nakuru Akizuki (CCS) and Kohaku (Wish) is just too cute to be male T_T And Nakuru Akizuki have woman's body curves ><

And about the looks, yeah, I don't doubt that. I always think that Mia is female before Encyclo lightens me up ^^;;
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Clamp doesn't draw breasts on their males... D: If you look at Mia's armor.. it's slightly-breast shaped, for female armor.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

But it doesn't mean that the real type of PC is a male PC :P! Perhaps she was modified into a "Cat-woman"... Then, all the questions are answered with this opinion... or not? (xD)
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Since she's an AI, wouldn't editing her into a Cat Woman....make her a Woman? O.o and Most RPG's only let characters put on the armor that matches their gender. We don't see Tsukasa in a dress, so....
Rectos Dominos
Flame Sage
Player Character

Post by Flame Sage »

What the heck are you talking about? Tsukasas a female, so.. technically.. clothes make the person.. (or gender in this case) ^^;
Grunty Farming List:
Noble Grunty: 5
If you could attack gruntys, I would have slaughtered all Noble Grunty's from the planet!
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Lalala Magi's PC is male T_T *stressed*

ok, I'll start not to use looks when judging genders in the world >_<

I dunno, Mia's PC gender would be male, but Mia her/him/whatever self would be genderless, imo ^^;; For the PC gender, you just can't deny that, he's put in between the males, unless you want to say that the placement is messed up because of Mia's status as an AI. I would stop at that. I'll still say you can believe what you want because I personally think that Mia should've been female too, I just don't want to deny the facts ^^;

Tsukasa is a she, but the pc is a he.

Which confuses me, now that Magi, Reki, Tsukasa, Elk, Kaz which are skirty type wavemasters are all confirmed as males.... what about Hotaru's pc? T_T Let's hope she's an exception fufufu

Oh yep about clamp, they don't draw breasts, true... but Nakuru is just too cute to be a boyyy hueee T___T
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Isn't Hotaru's PC a girl, but the real person (will say -according- to the CD drama or whatever it's called; I still have my doubts) a guy?

As for the skirty Wavemasters... I think just the class itself has a bunch of robe-type outfits. It's common for magic users/wizards/mages/etc. etc. in fantasy type stories to wear robes or 'skirty-type' outfits.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Brad, look at Duskino's signature. Look at Mia. BOOBS. Even if alot of boys in anime are "girly;" Mia is womanly. The placement within the member addresses may be by gender, but it could be different.
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

I personally would say the same thing too if only the member address isn't sorted out that way ^^;;;; I know Mia looks so womanly instead of girly, I don't doubt that. What do you mean by it could be different? ^^;

Hotaru's PC... well yeah, I tought Magi's PC is a girl too.... T_T It's confusing because in the character introduction, Magi and Hotaru are both referred to as she >_< but in the end Izumiya says that Magi's PC is male >_< At least Magi irl is female >_<

I mean, like, look at the other wavemsters that are confirmed as female, Hokuto, Mistral, all of them doesn't use the robe+hat type >_< (yeah, skirt isn't the right word, thx) ^^; so looking at the fact that Magi's PC is indeed a male one, I am starting to doubt Hotaru's PC gender ~.~ especially after looking at the ornaments on her hat... which looks just like elk's >_< *edits* but then I remember that there's BT.... oh yay this is confusing T.T

In the cd drama, which is based on the anime, Hotaru irl is male, but in the manga Hotaru irl is female.
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

What about Gren from Cowboy Bebop: He had boobs.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

We can conclude that if Mia is in fact, male, then s/he has what we like to call man-boobs. :P

Hotaru's female? Yee! *dance* The anime is tripped out _-_

Edit: Dunno if this has been mentioned or not; Mia could simply be placed on top, with the males, because since she's a -genderless AI-, she's at the top. That, or the game is just confused. Or we could wonder why an AI can go and walk around like a regular PC in the -first- place, but that's a different story.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Does anyone other than Brad beleive that Mia's male? With other proof that is not address listing? ._.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

No, not really, and
What the heck are you talking about? Tsukasas a female, so.. technically.. clothes make the person.. (or gender in this case) ^^;
Tsukasa's PC is a GUY! and Robes seem to be unisex >.> atleast for Wavemasters. I mean, really! what's a wizard without the kickarse robes X3 and Rhyste, bad mental image.
Rectos Dominos
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Duskino wrote:Edit: Dunno if this has been mentioned or not; Mia could simply be placed on top, with the males, because since she's a -genderless AI-, she's at the top. That, or the game is just confused. Or we could wonder why an AI can go and walk around like a regular PC in the -first- place, but that's a different story.
Nope, Mia is in between Orca and Elk. Unless you want to say that Orca is an AI as well ^^;

Well, I think you still can't deny the address listing, right? ^^;; and Mia is referred to as "kare". I think this is done by Elk in his last mails after Quarantine, since there's no other part in the game where they discuss Mia as a third person. But this is a third party info, so I'm not 100% sure.
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

I do deny the address listing, since it's not officially stated.. they probably just randomly threw them together.