"Please tell me.. Are you Mia?"

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Yeah, randomly threw thing together and Males and Females got sorted out according to the order they joined us, cool ^^;;;

Blackrose is in the top female list and Orca is in the top male list, because they are the first male and female that you got

thus Mia is the second male that you got, Elk third, I forgot the order of the rest, but I think it is Piroshi, Sanjuro, and so on, and the last one is Balmung.

the same goes for female, first Blackrose, then Mistral, Natsume, Gardenia, and last would be Terashima.

I'm not sure as how the optional characters are sorted out, since you are free to get them in any order, but as how the main characters are sorted, I think I'm correct.
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

What else can really proove her avatar is male? Since.. you know.. female figure, breast indented breast plates, female walk...
She's probably added in the member listing as male, since Maha was male.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

I thought Maha was female? I mean, there was the whole "representative of Tsukasa's mother" thing...

*shrugs* I think I've always considered both Mia and Maha female...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Allama91

Post by Allama91 »

[quote="Eggplant of the Twilight"]*dons his 8 phase hammer* (It'd be a sword, but Eggplants can only wield hammers...)
quote]

<_<
>_>

Where'd you get that idea???

I know this is an old old old post but seriously.
Master Of All Keyblades.
Mua Ha Ha Ha
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

Well, if you insist on calling Mia female, go for it ^^;; I don't really care ^^;;

I believe Mia is male, looking at the member address and how he is referred with "kare"

As for the breast plates... well, you may don't want to believe Encyclo but it is indeed mentioned there "Even though Mia has breasts, Mia is a he"

I know lotsa ppl don't wanna believe encyclo, so it's totally up to you ^^;;;

I used to consider Mia female and Maha Genderless, but I just can't ignore the fact that Mia is among the males in the member address, so...

Oh well you can choose to take the member address as a fact or not anyway. I choose to trust the member address.

I hope this will be explained in more detail in Zero later, so that it will clear things up. Zero is written to clear up the fact about the phases anyway.
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Encyco isn't official & has several flaws within it..

This is going in circles & is getting quite annoying.
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

That's why I said you can choose not to believe it, duh ^^; I used the member listing as the main evidence, if you don't want to take it as the fact, then do so ^^;;; I think I have said this like... 4-5 times to stop the circle from going ^^;;;

And now I ask you back, on what basis do you think Maha is male? I think Maha is even nearer to be female than Mia, because the title "Temptress" goes for Maha and not Mia.
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Tiffany
Lowbie

Post by Tiffany »

the subject of Mia being male or female can be confusing. The breast plates suggest that Mia is a female but if u watch the bonus episode unison Mia says "boku wa...." and i'm pretty sure japanese girls don't say boku wa . but thats just my opinoin. and i belive that Maha is male because he felt some kind of attraction to tsukasa in hack/sign.

And whoever these mia&elk dislikers are you should all beware...... :evil:
Life was created on this planet and countless species have appeared and disappeared. Even if humans eventually become extinct the earth will continue to journey across the galaxy without a second thought.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Tiffany wrote:but if u watch the bonus episode unison Mia says "boku wa...." and i'm pretty sure japanese girls don't say boku wa .
In Sapporo, I was sitting with a group of girls... & occassionally, they'd say "boku wa." Alot of the girls say it to feel equal in gender rights, others say it because it's stuck in their head from hearing it alot.
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Tiffany wrote:and i belive that Maha is male because he felt some kind of attraction to tsukasa in hack/sign.
That runs either way. And it sounds like you're supporting this as a slash couple, even though Tsukasa ended up with Subaru (in The World) as a straight couple...eh, doesn't really work as evidence...

I mean, unless you're suggesting that Maha has some attraction to IRL Tsukasa, (An, was it?) I think the support doesn't work...
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

It would probably also depend on what kind of attraction. A love attraction, or as a friend? Even maybe like a motherfigure, or all the other things that can be thrown into this catagory.
Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

I will forever-more NEVER use a pronoun for Mia.
Mia is an AI, which has no REAL gender. If you want to
use a gender to humanize Mia, okay. Just don't argue about it.

<This has been edited b/c, I forgot the 2 most important things, to be humble, and not to assume-but to ask to clarify.>
Last edited by Lunarcloud_88 on Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

It's unlocked, because there's more discussion that may occur. This subject is quite wide, & has a vast amount of information that can be learned. As for hating people that bash others' ideas, you're quite the hypocrite. No one is really bashing over gays, here. If they were, they'd be gone.
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Side-note: Bashing gays would be incredibly hypocritical for me...

...though I think the topic is on its way to the Net Slum... *wonders if anyone else will raise another point*
Tsunami the Silver Dragon
Player Character

Post by Tsunami the Silver Dragon »

Well, now I have headache...

Geez...

Chill out...

Anyway, so to summarise this topic (Wow, my head hurts) everyone will believe what they want and try not to make a big, annoying, argument on it, right?

Now, if you'll excuse me I need to take something for this migraine.

<Disappears holding his head>
"For all the Dreamers out there, our planet's dream isn't over yet."

"Jill, this is for you."