About Sora

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

About Sora

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

Today, I do the dungeon that appears Skeith's red staff in .hack//OUTBREAK (Yeah, i've beat Gorre ^^)... but i didn't understand one thing:
Sora is the staff? Or Sora is in the Staff?...
Thx ^^

I'm sorry if i do a lot of mistakes :oops:
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

I think Sora was just imprisoned in the staff.
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

I think it was really his data that was in his staff, so Skeith and his wand are made up of Sora's data.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Exactly. The main proof of this comes from Ep.26 of .hack//SIGN. Near the end, Sora is Data Drained, and where his PC was is replaced by Skeith's staff.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

Oh... thanks a lot ^^! In conclusion: Sora's data is Skeith's Staff. ^^
But now... Sora is free... but he is free of the Staff? Isn't it? He is trapped in "The World" same as Tsukasa in SIGN?
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

I am pretty sure he did get free when Aura woke, because in Unison, he was there, and obviously not in a coma, so the Sora we see in the games is an AI, nothing more. But yes his data made Skeith and his wand/
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

No - the Sora freed from the staff, and I'm pretty sure the one who comes in during the fight with Corbenik, is the real Sora.

The one who joins your party though is an AI.
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

Ahm... but... i don't understand why is Sora an AI... :S! If the real Sora is in coma... the player character "Sora" can feel (same as tsukasa), isn't it? :s...

EDIT: Or is Sora in coma but isn't trapped in the world as Tsukasa? It's a little confusing xP
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

No the real Sora (the one in the coma) isn't an AI. The Sora that joins your party at the end of Quarentine is an AI, a copy of his data. I don't think Sora could feel like Tsukasa (Tsukasa was a special case), since he wasn't really being used he was in that place where all the comatose players are, and thinks that he is "dead." Sora is trapped in "The World", just isn't free to move around like Tsukasa.
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

mannshjj wrote:No the real Sora (the one in the coma) isn't an AI. The Sora that joins your party at the end of Quarentine is an AI, a copy of his data. I don't think Sora could feel like Tsukasa (Tsukasa was a special case), since he wasn't really being used he was in that place where all the comatose players are, and thinks that he is "dead." Sora is trapped in "The World", just isn't free to move around like Tsukasa.
WeW thanks a lot ^O^! But why is the AI Sora in Skeith's Staff? That's coz Morganna copy Sora's data and put it in the Staff?
^__^
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

No, the real Sora was imprisoned in the staff, (as he is data drained into it in .hack//SIGN) and is released in Outbreak when you release him from the staff. That's a different Sora from the one that joins your party at the end of Quarentine, which is an AI. (Sorry, should have clearified that.)
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

Ah... but what is the AI doing in the games? :S
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Well, It's just an AI copy of Sora's data. Helba explains in the mail you get from her at the end of Quarentine, Sora's AI data, along with Subaru's and Tsukasa's data wandered into Net Slum.
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

Oh! Ok... When the game arrives here... :@ :P! Thx for all ^^

EDIT: YamiJared... sorry but happen because i didn't understand what is Sora's copy doing in games xDD! I'm sorry ._. ^^! But now i have a little more idea xDDDD! Uffs i do a lot of mistakes sorry for all xD T_T
Last edited by NiGhT~CrAwLëR on Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Lol. did anyone notice that this thread repeated itself in a loop twice? anyway, yea, Mannshjj is right!
Rectos Dominos