About Sora

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Koji

Post by Koji »

if you see that last episode in .hack//sign that one voice who terrizzes tsukasa summons skeith and sora was the first victom of skeith as he was datadrained and became skeiths wand and then skeith started to chase aura and then the game picks up from that
if water was vodka,
then i'd be a duck,
i'd swim in my bathtub and never come up,
but waters not vodka and i'm not a duck so leave me alone and shut the f*** up
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

*buries his Eggplant head in his banana feet* I thought we just established that Sora gets Data Drained INTO the wand? He does NOT become the wand?
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

mannshjj wrote:No the real Sora (the one in the coma) isn't an AI. The Sora that joins your party at the end of Quarentine is an AI, a copy of his data. I don't think Sora could feel like Tsukasa (Tsukasa was a special case), since he wasn't really being used he was in that place where all the comatose players are, and thinks that he is "dead." Sora is trapped in "The World", just isn't free to move around like Tsukasa.
You forgot Zero? Sora is roaming freeeeeeee is zero XD

It's not completed yet, tho, but I'm pretty sure that it's sora that we knew :3
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

I haven't read Zero, seeing as I can't read Japanese without a dictionary, but anyway, could you clarify how Sora can be walking around and imprisoned in the staff at the same time? Unless he's walking around inside the staff which still means he's imprisoned.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

uhhh....no....It's kinda proven that the Sora in ZERO is an AI Morganna made to hunt Aura.
Rectos Dominos
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Heh, Morganna really isn't stupid. Taking one of the highest level PKers and creating the ultimate killing AI with him...smart move...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

I'll recheck about sora ^^;; thx for the info

Anyway, that Sora still has his human qualities, because at one instance he wants to hunt Aura, and next he wants to save Aura.
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

if he was IN or WAS the staff... might his mind be messed around with by skeith/performing data drain?
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
DruVirus

Post by DruVirus »

It's possible his AI's memories were corrupted in the data drain transfer, and compile, once his data was freed from the staff. However, episode 26 of SIGN, shows that he is literally, well, crucified atop Skeith's staff. His body is up against the large circle on it, and that's where his body is data drained. With the awakening of Aura, more than likely, Morganna kicked in her defensive mode. And what mode is that? Why, .. creating Skeith. And, oh .. ! How lucky! The Terror of Death is in the same room as the most merciless and skilled PKer in the game. Why, .. I think Morganna has an idea.

Basically, Sora's data get's trapped into Skeith staff. Why? More than likely to gather more information. That is why Morganna was made, .. not to mention all of the Waves. Sora had the best data for just what Skeith was seeking. He gets data drained, data absorbed, and Skeith becomes more powerful. Later on, after Skeith was destroyed, this extra data was released in the form of Skeith's staff .. the only part of Skeith that isn't his body. Why was it released? It was a large amount of foreign data .. Skeith was created from raw material. Sora was intergrated into his system. Skeith, more than likely, didn't do much except seek out ONLY Aura. No one else. Morganna probably thinking that since he had Sora in his system, needed no other information, that Skeith would be best equipped for this task. However, when Skeith was destroyed, the left over data that was taken, being Sora, was released back into the system.

Either The World intergrated Sora's data back into the gane, creating an AI version of him, or Helba herself found the backup data of Sora .. and reconfigured him herself, knowing what an asset he would be for Kite. You know. Since he is saving The World and all.
jarode
Lowbie

i am the alpha nerd

Post by jarode »

im not going to get in to detels but when sora was data drained by skith he was traped in the game maby the wond im not shure how it worked with skith but when u find the wand in the dungen and relese sora asumably the sora in the real world awoke from his coma as did orca and all of the other data drain victoms at the end of the game

also is it possable that sora is blackroses brother that is mentoned very little untell the last game or perhaps the boy from the begginig of the .hack//limanality(random thoughts)
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Re: i am the alpha nerd

Post by Elk »

jarode wrote: also is it possable that sora is blackroses brother that is mentoned very little untell the last game
Sora =/= kazu. :(
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Re: i am the alpha nerd

Post by thedudewhosadude »

jarode wrote: also is it possable that sora is blackroses brother that is mentoned very little untell the last game or perhaps the boy from the begginig of the .hack//limanality(random thoughts)
Well, Sora can't be Blackroses's brother, for a few reasons. Let's look at the end of //QUARANTINE, during fight against Corbenik (was that it's name? It's been AGES since I've played it...). About half-way through, you watch a cut-scene, where Aura calls all of the comatose players to attack the shield. While it COULD be possible that Kazu had two avatars, Sora and Kazu, it is impossible for him to have two separate conciousnesses living in the same body.

As for the boy from //Liminality, I'm not sure who you're talking about. The only 'boys' in all of //LIMINALITY are Yuki's brother, Sieg, and Mai's other friend. Regardless, it cannot be anyone in //Liminality, since before //Liminality even started, Sora IRL was already comatose!
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Plus, Kazu & Sora have completely different characters, all together.

Kazu is quite collected.. & I doubt that he is much younger than Blackrose, while Sora shows obvious signs of being a mischeivous child. It's safe to assume that you'd be correct thinking Sora is not Kazu.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
jarode
Lowbie

Post by jarode »

waight wernt some of thoes players she summened just old chariter data like sukasa and subaru
the only thing man knows is that man knows nothing
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

jarode wrote:waight wernt some of thoes players she summened just old chariter data like sukasa and subaru
What are you talking about?
If you mean the Blue orbs Aura summons to fight off Corbenic, then, no. They were the actual comatose players who were still active in The World. After Aura summoned them they were freed, as all ties between them and Morganna had been severed when Corbenic was destroyed. They then regained consciousness in the real world.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.