Comparison of Realism

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Comparison of Realism

Post by YamiJared »

Theoretically, if the events of .hack were possible, and they happened in our time, how would things be different? Would Morganna go crazeh? would Aura's awakening be different? will The Twilight Incident be as bad? will the Dusk Manga or the Dusk Anime come true O.o >.<
Rectos Dominos
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Well, let's see...

First off-- since this is our time-- Morganna and Aura would definately -not- be as advanced as they are. In fact, I highly doubt Morganna would be able to go against her programming at all. They could be codes programmed in a game to trigger events or do certain tasks, but really, that's all they'd do.

As for the game itself, it's possible to create (Look at FFXI).

All in all, the events in .hack pretty much... wouldn't happen. And not just because it's "all fake and imaginary blah blah blah", but simply because we don't have that sort of technology... yet o.O
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Ok...wow...Duskino, you just took the fun out of that idea. and the point of the AI in .hack is the whole point that they can't really exist. No way can our technology evolve in 5 years so quickly that we can create programs that can emulate the human brain and pull off supernatural feats that pull people into comas O.o
Rectos Dominos
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

I didn't "take the fun out of it", I "simply posted what Duskino thinks".
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Duskino's Opinions and Thoughts=Anti-fun ray of death XD pwned
Rectos Dominos
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Well, this is the 'serious' discussion board, so no fun fur j00! Anyway, basically, about nothing that makes the .hack universe what it is would happen. It's just not possible in our current age.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Give it a few years. Let's talk when we're fighting an army of angry AI robots...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

*ahem*

Pwned.

*skitters off*
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

*still thinks it would be a cool idea, people are going into comas with Pluto's Kiss and crap, Altimit is overthrowing Microsoft and Linux. the Macintosh users are like "pwned" and then crushed.*
Rectos Dominos
Tsukaru
Player Character

Post by Tsukaru »

Well Duskino is right after all....... But our technology is getting more and more advanced by day. We could have more advance technology if we wanted, but we dont have the money to support it really. (Well thats my theory)
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Tsukaru wrote: We could have more advance technology if we wanted, but we dont have the money to support it really. (Well thats my theory)
That's true as well. In this happy little place we like to call planet Earth, everything must be backed up with money, unfortunately ;/

Harold had money. :B
Flame Sage
Player Character

Post by Flame Sage »

Duskino wrote:I highly doubt Morganna would be able to go against her programming at all. They could be codes programmed in a game to trigger events or do certain tasks, but really, that's all they'd do.
Well, like in the military and stuff, like if a person was going to electracute themselves (unintentionally) there are things out there that will like shut themselves down if theres a problem or a threat.

But... I don't think harold would build an AI just so it would rebell >.>;
Grunty Farming List:
Noble Grunty: 5
If you could attack gruntys, I would have slaughtered all Noble Grunty's from the planet!
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

She wasn't. Morganna was created to help with the birth of Aura; but she would be deleted afterwards.

Morganna, for some reason, decided to go all, "Um. No." and thus, chaos ensued!
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

yea, and either way, morganna was pwned. not fair at all, she was pretty damn human.
Rectos Dominos
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Well, the idea of the game "the World" is quite possible, giving the fact that new consoles are coming out in 2006. But I doubt that something THAT big would happen like in .hack. Considering the security of our country, any events that would happen (like the comas) would make the game illegal.