Comparison of Realism

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Assuming, of course, that they can prove connections to the World. Throughout Liminality, the characters are trying to connect the Twilight Incident to the World, and they failed in the end.
Rectos Dominos
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Xhacker wrote:Considering the security of our country, any events that would happen (like the comas) would make the game illegal.
*starts snickering* I'm sorry. But if the real world's equivalent of ALTIMIT/CC Corp manages to do as well as they did in the .hack world, we could very well be destined for comas, angry AIs, and massive coverups.
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Have you ever considered destroying the source of the problem? And as for coverups, there will ALWAYS be a leak. Sooner or later...
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Ah, but people are so easy to manipulate. Only a few believe the leaks... *looks at Liminality* See?
mannshjj
Player Character

Post by mannshjj »

Yes, true that they may convince the majority of the people that nothings wrong with the game. However, you would think that with 6+ coma victums, that someone would sue. (like the familys of the people who fell into comas playing the game.)
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

yea, 6 out of 2 billion victims doesn't seem like much of a lawsuit, and as far as the government would be concerned, the victims could of had cases of epilepsy they weren't aware about.
Rectos Dominos
Xhacker
Legend

Post by Xhacker »

Then again, you can always go thriugh the hard work of deleting the whole system (all servers), causing billions of dollars lost, a possible file of bankrupcy, and millions of angry players worldwide. At least it'll fix the main problem...
apostle13
Player Character

Post by apostle13 »

Well, even if that did happen, we'd know what to do, right? I mean, it'd just be a repitition of .hack, so all we'd have to do is play the game and beat the bad guys, lol. *walks down the street yelling ".hackers, UNITE!!!!!" but then gets sent to an insane asylum*
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Well, yea, I guess so, but it won't be exact. What if Aura gave the Bracelet to the strongest player, but he was a jerky n00b who either quit playing because their's not enough things to shoot, or targets other players with Data Drain?
Rectos Dominos
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Well then, Aura's quote would be quite 'on the mark'; "...the power it holds can either bring forth salvation or destruction at the whim of the user." Luckily Kite got the bracelet!
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

True, but I WOULD like to see how events would play differently if the wrong person got the Bracelet :/
Rectos Dominos
apostle13
Player Character

Post by apostle13 »

I would like to too, but only if It was in a controlled enviroment, you know what I mean? I wouldn't like to see some idiot running around Data Draining the first thing it sees.
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

If some idiot had gotten the bracelet, I doubt he would've necessarily understood how to Data Drain things...

Remember, the book only activated when Kite NEEDED the Bracelet...
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

True, to both of you, however, the player could of theoretically met a data bug, activated Data Drain, get ideas and then go on a hacking rampage like some immature 12 year old with too much power :P
Rectos Dominos
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Hmm...that would probably have been a job for Balmung, Winged Ninja Assassin. *starts snickering*