Helba... How come she hasn't been banned?

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Kama
Player Character

Post by Kama »

oh-- it's also that like some gangsters and such; they don't have any real proof of her hacking. She could have all these nice equips and everything, but if she covered her tracks [e.g; deleted data trails or altered them] then they wouldn't be able to ban her.
kama
"Oh, it's a dead end. This really bites." Sora
"Nope, God doesn't want us!"-FullMetalAlchemist
Rhyste
Legend

Post by Rhyste »

Helba not being banned is symbolic to how little control CC Corp has over The World these days.
and god said unto cain, "wow you're pretty stupid."
Cyral
Player Character

Post by Cyral »

Rhyste wrote:Helba not being banned is symbolic to how little control CC Corp has over The World these days.
Hello! I haven't been on this sexy site in such a long time!! How are you guys!! I've missed this site!!

That being said, Helba couldn't be banned, since she would know how to get in the network, sides, she has other means of getting in.. Remember the last time in I believe .hack:// ? I forgot it now.. stupid me for not playing .hack in awhile. That she was able to get in the empty spot (Blah I can't remember it now).... I think I'm going around in circles...
Chongara love info to help big guy understand .hack, eh?
Drainco Dragon

Post by Drainco Dragon »

Elk wrote:I bet if Helba were banned, she'd just hack the system & unban herself. :\ She is a super-hacker after all.
Elk does have a point. if she was banned and lios didnt know that she's hacked the game to bring herself back into the game. my guess is that she might knew what was going on in the world or something. I dunno if I'm right. I'm usually wrong.
I am one of the Twin Blade who likes to hunt down a rare weapon.
Lunarcloud_88
Player Character

Post by Lunarcloud_88 »

I think that anyone who has a "star trek computer" voice, has to be uber-powerful. She created a temp server and brought all the random junk together as a map! I wonder if she's done any more powerful things? Maybe in a fan fic?
Every second of every day, one is a different
person. Even if just slightly. One can only hope
that the changes, even if minute, are for the
better.
DruVirus

Post by DruVirus »

I think, at first, Helba is a little too elusive to actually be banned. It seems to me that they aren't able to ban you, or even pursue you, in any other means than in the game. This holds true for having to literally chase Tsukasa down, trap him, and finally imprision him. If it were like most MMORPG's, then you could simply ban them even when they weren't in the game.

Helba is a master hacker, as it's stated, and so she's able to find way's out and in of all locked area's. Lios isn't able to keep her in one place long enough in order to ban her. This also goes since Helba seems to be spending most of her time in Net Slums, .. unless she too uses lower level characters to do her work.

But mainly I think Lios doesn't try to ban her because, as it's stated above, they need each other. Lios knows, at least by the third game, he can't handle what's happening in The World. He knows that Helba seems to have more of a grip on things than CC Corp. At the same time, Helba isn't able to do everything she wants. CC Corp, though they have little control over the world, still have the most access to data files and records, .. something Helba could use. You've got to remember the Epitaph. It's story is about the forces of light and dark joining forces to destroy an evil. They're both working toward the same goal, .. different methods being used, with each others help.
jarode
Lowbie

i am the alpha nerd

Post by jarode »

ok all good points if she could be baned wouldent she just creat a charicter thats exactly the same as the first one(if she could be banned)
and if she was the aprintice of herold wouldent she know about aura and how to stop the 8 phases

and the net slumes was one of the original root towns in the fragment befor it became known as the world but after system updates it just became broken an used as a trash can much like the upside down city where sukasa found the broken man in .hack//sign
Nihulus

Helba

Post by Nihulus »

Helba couldn't be banned for the simple reason: They can't find her.
Remember that in the post "Pluto's Kiss" reality that computer hacking is punishible by death without trial. If they could find and ban Helba then they could investigate the character data and reverse-code the data to locate her or atleast some of her hacker friends so she probably bounces her access around the globe to avoid the System Admin.s to locate that specific character data and block it out of the system.

[spoiler] And as for Helba having uber-powerful items: She does, she gives you her member address at the end of Quarantine.[/spoiler]
Shino01

Post by Shino01 »

nihulus does have a point, if they got even the slightest bit of info on the real Helba, they would be able to track her down or lure her out of hiding... im glad that they never found her or any of her friends, besides, that would make for a pretty depressing .Hack game, tch, even Alkaid getting PKed was pretty depressing...
HATE: Ovan & Sakaki *walks over and stabs them in the heart* ok! job's done!
ADMIRE: Shino, Saku, & Endrance!