Helba... How come she hasn't been banned?

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Flame Sage
Player Character

Helba... How come she hasn't been banned?

Post by Flame Sage »

It just came to me... Think about it, if you went into some RPG (like.. Final Fantasy Online) and created your own "area" or "field", collected bugs and glitches and corrupt character data, and are a previous hacker, Wouln't Liros ban her? I mean I guess she could avoid it if she wanted to, but in Unison, it appears for them (Liros and Helba) to be somewhat friends....

Can anyone provide any more info?
Grunty Farming List:
Noble Grunty: 5
If you could attack gruntys, I would have slaughtered all Noble Grunty's from the planet!
alucard
Player Character

Post by alucard »

The fact is that, in the PS2 Game, Lios and Helba aren't friend at all. But Helba helped a lot during the battle.

That's why, in Unison, they are friend. (Remember, Unison is after all the 4 four PS2 game).
In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

I read that Helba and Lios are in love... That's true? :P
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

NiGhT~CrAwLëR wrote:I read that Helba and Lios are in love... That's true? :P
O_______o;;;;; No...

Lios and Helba were not on good terms, as you can see in the second game, but as things only got progessively worse, it came to where Lios needed Helba's help, while Helba needed Lios's help.

Lios and Helba finally turn on the same page. Of course, Lios is grateful for Helba's help, and I'm pretty sure visa versa.

Why she was never deleted before, who knows? Maybe because she's just that skilled to be able to avoid the administrators, or maybe her character data is just that protected (kind of like Kite's data is, except not by Aura/the Bracelet).
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Yea....Duskino kinda summed it up. and about the example with Final Fantasy 11, I've tried doing that once :P It almost worked! I was thiiis close from getting a Wandering AI buddy :(
Rectos Dominos
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

Duskino wrote:
NiGhT~CrAwLëR wrote:I read that Helba and Lios are in love... That's true? :P
O_______o;;;;; No...

Lios and Helba were not on good terms, as you can see in the second game, but as things only got progessively worse, it came to where Lios needed Helba's help, while Helba needed Lios's help.

Lios and Helba finally turn on the same page. Of course, Lios is grateful for Helba's help, and I'm pretty sure visa versa.

Why she was never deleted before, who knows? Maybe because she's just that skilled to be able to avoid the administrators, or maybe her character data is just that protected (kind of like Kite's data is, except not by Aura/the Bracelet).
Ahm! Oks... But there's not a bad idea... If they are in love Lios doesn't delete Helba ;P xDDD. And "opposite poles are attracted"... xD
Flame Sage
Player Character

Post by Flame Sage »

what do you mean by "oposite polls" =)

Anyway...
If I was an admin, I woulnd't place NPC dummys of myself in the corrupted fields and expect people to follow them (see PS2 games)

I mean COME ON! If I saw a corrupted dougen I would be like COOL *runs in and adventures*
Grunty Farming List:
If you could attack gruntys, I would have slaughtered all Noble Grunty's from the planet!
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Flame Sage wrote:I mean COME ON! If I saw a corrupted dougen I would be like COOL *runs in and adventures*
Unless you were, say, Lios, only the administrator of the entire game, and those corrupted dungeons were full of corrupted monsters who were unable to be killed, and not only that but could quite possibly hold a PHASE who could throw you into a coma, and we definately can't forget such problems like people revolting against you and wanting to permanately shut down the game ^__^

Otherwise, I'm all about the running in circles idea.

(Wow, talk about a run-on sentence...)
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

I bet if Helba were banned, she'd just hack the system & unban herself. :\ She is a super-hacker after all.
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
NiGhT~CrAwLëR
Lowbie

Post by NiGhT~CrAwLëR »

Flame Sage wrote:what do you mean by "oposite polls" =)
Ahms... I'm based in people's opinion that opposite people often are attracted...
Eggplant of the Twilight
Player Character

Post by Eggplant of the Twilight »

Yeah, Helba's too skilled to be permenantly kicked out of The World...

I mean, you don't get a reputation like hers unless you've dodged bannings and the such...
I'm the missing Twilight item, Eggplant of the Twilight.
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Of course, I doubt she can be banned at all. She probably keeps her player data on her own server so that CC Corp can't access it whatsoever, but it can still interact with the game.
Rectos Dominos
Brad_Evans
Player Character

Post by Brad_Evans »

From what I see, Helba seems to know The World even better than the admins, which is where the rumor about her being Harold's apprentice comes from.

If she knows it better than the admins, slim chance that she could be banned at all ^^;
Pagyuu~ desunoh?
Flame Sage
Player Character

Post by Flame Sage »

Well yeah I guess so, since helba can create gates and such, but still, I wouldn't really ASK helba to make her "bug paridice" aka "net slum" a root town, even though that WOULD be extremely cool if that was in the games (as a root town, not as a field), or... was it a root town, well, I don't think it was in offical one... Any info on this? o.o;
Grunty Farming List:
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Helba didn't create Net Slum...

Trash and discarded data created it. Helba just kind of uses it as her home base.