Morganna and the Cursed Wave

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

MeultimaSama wrote:...And data never disappears.
I guess you could even apply the theory of conservation of mass to this ^_^.

MeultimaSama wrote:Tri-Edge? Just look at Cubia's core when you're fighting him. It's clearest in the later parts of the game though. What am I talking about? It's a dark figure of a Kite copy in a fetal position within the core.
Are you sure about that? I mean, I totally missed that then O_O
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

It's really clear in the ending parts of the game. In Mutation though, the orb and its contents were really transparent. But you can really see -something- (Or more accurately, -someone-) in the later fights with Cubia. To me it appears to be a Kite figure, and I've seen many before me come to that conclusion as well.

And I've only been completing the games several weeks ago. ^_^ Currently have a save file before Corbenik, yay me.

The 'Data never disappears' thing was applied from Mia, though.

Although in GU, there might be a clue to Morganna, seeing how the first trailer had a hidden picture (You probably won't see it unless you go frame-by-frame) of a ginormous eye, which can be seen here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/ ... reen07.jpg

Rumour from someone who read .hack//ANALYSIS was that the final form of Corbenik was in fact Morganna directly fused with the Phase. Thus why that picture above was dubbed 'Morganna's Eye' by that person. That title would be highly speculative, if it weren't for the quote "I've waited so long for you to come.", a quote by Morganna from SIGN to be in the second GU trailer... Only said in a man's voice.

Creepy, no?
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Whoa- I wish I had as much as a keen eye as some of you do. I -never- noticed anything in Cubia's core; Mainly since I was too busy trying to get on with the mad beatdowns.

But- hey! I'm replaying the games (again), so I should probably keep an eye out for it this time.
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

I heard about it though, that's why I kept an eye out. :P

But to be honest, you'll probably won't see anything of interest until Outbreak/Quarantine. In Mutation I nearly doubted I saw anything.

Unless my games were wierd for some reason and it turned uberclear in the last two games, I dunno. :P
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

This is delightful...I just realized that I had made a save right before Macha (I'm simply adore the pained-falsetto voice, as I like to call it), which, If memory serves me right, is very close to a cubia fight. :3
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Eeee, yes~ I -love- Macha's singing... If only we could hear her sing more.

Sadly, since my memory card exploded and I JUST got my games back (my babies are never leaving me again!), I'm still a few dungeons behind Skieth. I'm quite a ways off!
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

Duskino wrote:Eeee, yes~ I -love- Macha's singing... If only we could hear her sing more.

Sadly, since my memory card exploded and I JUST got my games back (my babies are never leaving me again!), I'm still a few dungeons behind Skieth. I'm quite a ways off!
"Hush little baby, don't you cry... Mommy's gonna buy you a mocking bird. And if that mocking bird don't sing, Mommy's gonna buy you a diamond ring."

;)

Hmm, has anyone actually tried meleeing Skeith with Kite himself(With one/two healers)? I remember his uber attacks constantly annihilating my fighter screens... Used like, 30-50 resurrects. ;_;
ElementGold

Post by ElementGold »

quite fascinating how things just seem to fit, yes, that happens a lot with video games doesnt it? hm...intriguing ( if thats how you spell it. )
Like Tsukasa, I cant Log Out...My fate rests with the yellow metal...and my own heart of stone...left to be re-stitched just so it can bleed again.
- E.G
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

MeultimaSama wrote:"Hush little baby, don't you cry... Mommy's gonna buy you a mocking bird. And if that mocking bird don't sing, Mommy's gonna buy you a diamond ring."

;)

Hmm, has anyone actually tried meleeing Skeith with Kite himself(With one/two healers)? I remember his uber attacks constantly annihilating my fighter screens... Used like, 30-50 resurrects. ;_;
adsfhjil; GAAHH- NOOOO. You've just given me TERRIBLE images, you! *facedesk*

... *ahem*

Actually, yes, I have ^^; I brought along Mistral and Elk once, and another BlackRose and Elk- BlackRose kept on dying and generally wasn't being any help at all, so I just left her as a first aid with Mistral, if that counts. Either way it wasn't too hard, I just had to keep a close eye out for myself, something I generally have a hard time doing, heheh.
MeultimaSama
Player Character

Post by MeultimaSama »

Terrible images? o_o; I don't think I want to know.

On another note, they should have given Kite the same Drain Heart used by Corbenick. Darn Bandai. >_>