At the end of Qurantine....

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Elexorien

At the end of Qurantine....

Post by Elexorien »

Kite gets the bracelet again from Aura, but then, why isnt Cubia back? BlackRose destroyed the bracelet when they fought against Cubia, but if Aura gives him the bracelet again, doesnt this mean that Cubia will return?
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Cubia is like a program that is activated whenever someone uses an ability like Data Drain to harm the system (Keep in mind mind, Morganna was The World and she was also part of the Phases. When Kite Data Drained Skieth, Morgana was harmed, so Cubia activated to protect her).
When Kite had the Twilight bracelet, Morganna was in control. Therefore, Kite was a threat to the system. However, after Aura took control, Kite was no longer a threat to the system. In fact, he was now working with it. This prevented Cubia from being activated again.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

But then why was Skieth attacking player characters? Was it just to "protect" Morganna & the system?
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Elk wrote:But then why was Skieth attacking player characters? Was it just to "protect" Morganna & the system?
If I remember correctly, the 8 Phases were programs created by Harold to bring Morganna Data on human emotions so that she could evolve/pass them on to Aura, the Ulitmate AI. Skieth was the Terror of Death, by attacking PCs he was simply fulfilling his purpose of collecting data of humankind's fear of dying (kinda like Moruti from the //LotT anime. Although, she was motivated by her own desires).

To be honest, The only PCs that I can remember Skieth Data Draining are Orca and Kite and Co. during the battle with him. Orca was DD'd because he tried to stop Skieth from getting Aura. Most of the other comatose players were probably attacked by Guardians because they were getting to close to Morganna (see //AI BUSTER 2). According to Blackrose, Kaz was attack by a Data Bug. The only other player that comes to mind is Sieg. As far as I can remember, the game or //LIMINALITY never specifies what attacked him. Since the field he was in was the same field where Kite would later fight Skieth, it is reasonable to assume that Skieth did attack Sieg, probably because Sieg engaged Skieth thinking he was a special event monster like The One Sin.
jarode
Lowbie

i ame the alpha nerd

Post by jarode »

cubia is the opisit half of the braclet he exsits when u get the braclet back but does not have a phisical form because it takes something very powerful to give him this form like skith perhaps and when black rose deatroied the braclet she deatroied cubia also the ony reason he never reapears is because there is nothing left thats powerful enuff that can be data draned to give him phisical form so hes not a threat
and about him being a threat to the system he still is but its the end of the game if you read the books there cheriters are suposibly sealed but kite and blackrose log in in the third book
Xeno
Player Character

Re: i ame the alpha nerd

Post by Xeno »

jarode wrote:cubia is the opisit half of the braclet he exsits when u get the braclet back but does not have a phisical form because it takes something very powerful to give him this form like skith perhaps and when black rose deatroied the braclet she deatroied cubia also the ony reason he never reapears is because there is nothing left thats powerful enuff that can be data draned to give him phisical form so hes not a threat
and about him being a threat to the system he still is but its the end of the game if you read the books there cheriters are suposibly sealed but kite and blackrose log in in the third book
Cubia was a program that was design to remove anything that hurt the system. He is not part of the bracelet and his only connection to it is that he is hunting down, or shadowing, the anomaly. He is like a failsafe program that was most likely implemented by Harold. If The World's god were unable to protect the core of the system, Cubia would activate. As I mentioned before, when Kite Data Drained Skieth, he physically hurt the system (ie: Morganna). When the bracelet was destroyed Kite was no longer seen as a threat and Cubia went back on stand-by. If your wondering why Cubia didn't reactivate after Kite recieves the Daybreak Bracelet at the end of the game read my previous post
I wrote:When Kite had the Twilight bracelet, Morganna was in control. Therefore, Kite was a threat to the system. However, after Aura took control, Kite was no longer a threat to the system. In fact, he was now working with it. This prevented Cubia from being activated again.
As far as Kite and Blackrose's characters being sealed, there is no evidence of that happening. If Kite is still in possession of the Daybreak Bracelet it would be impossible for him to be deleted. Furthermore, if CC Corp really wanted to cover up the Twilight, it would be foolish of them to delete the players that "solved the final mystery." CC Corp had managed to cover up Aura and most of the Twilight by labeling it as a special event. they were aso able to come out of the whole " our players are being comatose" ordeal realtively unskathed as well as the attempted murder of said players by shutting down The World's servers. there was no point in letting all of that leak out over a couple of PCs.