The Creation of A Real "The World" Game.

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Nightshade

The Creation of A Real "The World" Game.

Post by Nightshade »

After hearing about the show, and playing the games, I wonder if nobody is working on a game like "The World". I find it hard to believe there isn't a person doing just that. Had I the programming knowledge, the resources, and the time, I would dedicate myself to the creation of a game like that. The PS2 games were so well put together, with the menus, email, news and such. I personally thought it needed more towns(though I've gotten so far in the game to see one), and I didn't think there was much variety with the dungeon layout, and I also didn't like how there were so many doors. But, all they need to do is allow you to design your own character and it'd be the most popular game ever. The games that do allow such features only allow limited customizations.
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GAME LIKE THIS?(either in production or existence)?
Nightshade
Elk
I AM BATMAN

Post by Elk »

Did you even look around the games section before posting this? They DID make an online version of THE WORLD & it blows.

Other MMORPG's similar (& better than) .hack//FRAGMENT consist of other games like Phantasy Star Online & many others. If you type in MMORPG into a search engine, you'll be able to find other games similar to it.^^
I cast FAIL on those who mock my old signature.