Odd Text In The Backround of The ".hack//Liminality&quo

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Nightshade

Odd Text In The Backround of The ".hack//Liminality&quo

Post by Nightshade »

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but when Junichiro Tokuoka logged into Tomonari's account, while he's checking his email, you can see bellow the window under the big word "Mail". There is a large, slightly-blurry paragraph. From what I can make out, it's talking about the "Human Genome Project". Why is that there? Does anyone know?
Nightshade
Nightshade

humph

Post by Nightshade »

"-_-;; No double posting!" --Elk
Nightshade
you know...cheese soup
Lowbie

Post by you know...cheese soup »

I'm sure we were all just too lazy to check. You also shouldn't double post. I know from experience....
Xeno
Player Character

Re: Odd Text In The Backround of The ".hack//Liminality

Post by Xeno »

Nightshade wrote:I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but when Junichiro Tokuoka logged into Tomonari's account, while he's checking his email, you can see bellow the window under the big word "Mail". There is a large, slightly-blurry paragraph. From what I can make out, it's talking about the "Human Genome Project". Why is that there? Does anyone know?
That kind of stuff is common among Japanese High School students...
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

But still,what is it? :?
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

The Human Genome Project? If I remember correctly, it was completed in 2003. It was a project to identify ALL of the genes and base pairs in DNA. In theory, without involving human ethics, it could now be possible to "customize" your baby by altering the proper genes. That practice though, isn't legal.
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

ahh,thank you for clearing that up for me. :)
Nightshade

Post by Nightshade »

I still don't understand why that was in the movie...as far as I know, .hack has nothing to do with DNA, or the human genome project. Oh, you should watch the movie GATTACA. It's about people who customize their babies and their prejudice toward the normal people. Has nothing to do with .hack, but mhe.... :twisted:
Nightshade