....Okay, what the heck?

Discussion (including spoilers) and speculation for those who have seen all of .hack so far.

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

Kurai-Chin

....Okay, what the heck?

Post by Kurai-Chin »

In the Rumor story in .hack//AI Buster 2 not only was Ouka "Orca" XD but it described Mireille as a "buff female knight wearing plate armor, with long, gray hair reaching down to her ankles", and this was even after they had already described her as a wavemaster. This is kind of confusing. The only thing I can think of is that with Rena showing her old PC Brigit that Mireille might be showing her's from before also, but that's just my theory and I'd like some other opinions 'cause that was... really weird to say the least.
My sound and fury signify nothing.
kiruku

........... ............... ....

Post by kiruku »

Mireille is no buff female knight! she's a wavemaster!....guess thei got confused.... :?
Last edited by kiruku on Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurai-Chin

Post by Kurai-Chin »

Yeah. They weren't even consistant about it, because at first they said "Mireille, a wavemaster..." O_o;
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

as always, there were a few mistranslations in this volume as well. Mireille inherited the Mistral character model from her mother ( the real Mistral). She was able to rename the character by winning a special event.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

:x i dont even know where the books get there info on .dot hack anymore
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

The 'Orca' mistranslation was done in the original release of the first UdeDen manga, as well. Lord knows where they got that.

I believe they were talking about Bridgit, Rena's original character, but just completely messed up with the wording. It's entirely possible, and I can base this on the pinup before the actual story.

Tokyopop has this wonderful habit of making mistakes. A LOT.
kiruku

Post by kiruku »

:roll: yeah...........
Kurai-Chin

Post by Kurai-Chin »

Indeedy they do.
And yeah, looking at Brigit makes me think they meant to describe her as well.