Lady S

Inactive threads from other boards are stored here.
Untitled9
Lowbie

Lady S

Post by Untitled9 »

Does the symbol on lady subaru's forehead mean something??? It has been bugging me a lot lately, the question, not the symbol. Does anyone know??? :D :D :D
Krono
Legend

Post by Krono »

I always figured that it was an "h" for hack...
Only in dreams; We see what it means
Reach out our hands; Hold on to hers
But when we wake; It's all been erased
And so it seems; Only in dreams
Nebu
Player Character

Post by Nebu »

I always figured that it was an "h" for hack...
that doesn't seem like subaru...

I think it's just to look good...

btw does the thing on Krims pants mean anything?
Poe was here.
my new .hack image gallery: http://www.iguuy-igihsuf.com/inyourmind

"God loves you whether you like it or not"
Tsuki no Hikari
Lowbie

Post by Tsuki no Hikari »

An H? Doesn't even look like one.. Anyway, most of the other characters have face markings, this is most likely hers, and a fancy one at that. ^_^
rakuak2
Lowbie

Post by rakuak2 »

8) I think that she just likes the symbol for reasons currently uknown to me but everybody has some kind of cool markings and reasons for them like bear for example with the blue painted skin.
Raku Oni
son of Sephiroth
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

It looks sort of like the greek letter Eta. But then again, Eta and 'H' are roughly the same, but have different sounds. And in greek they put in funny punctuation above just about any letter.

Or it could just be her own character, signifying herself and nothing more.
End of a Shadow
Player Character

Post by End of a Shadow »

I doubt the paints have any significance. Like Guynietoren says, its all part of their outfits. Guess the creators thought they characters look plain and need something more. Ever characters have them, and their outfits are different colors.
.hack//Integral -- A .hack up-to-date information, discussion,
text-based roleplaying, gallery, store, giveaways, and more site!
Krono
Legend

Post by Krono »

that looks a lot like an h... a lowercase h, calligraphied and turned slightly...
Only in dreams; We see what it means
Reach out our hands; Hold on to hers
But when we wake; It's all been erased
And so it seems; Only in dreams
Nebu
Player Character

Post by Nebu »

I SEE IT!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

scary...
Poe was here.
my new .hack image gallery: http://www.iguuy-igihsuf.com/inyourmind

"God loves you whether you like it or not"
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

That picture of it reminds me of a stain-glass window at the Hard Rock Cafe in St. Louis. It looked like a backwards Three with some other markings around it.

I don't know much Japanese or Chinese, but I do know that there are some simbols that represent a peticular thing. Such as the name of a dojo. Kind of like the mark on Goku's Gi in DBZ. Or the mark on the headband of the FootClan in TMNT(first movie), Shreder's personal mark.
K.K.C.
Lowbie

Post by K.K.C. »

Iv never noticed the "h" before :shock: I always thought it looked more like a cursive capital E with a dot.

Iv heard markings on the faces called "droodles" If anyone has ever seen Zoid CC they have face markings as well. They could mean something (religion symbol, courage, wisdom), or they could just be their to look really cool. I think that in .hack//sign it would just be there to look cool or to add more design to the character. But im not really sure.
"Well, Im always Just myself!" - Crim

Please check out my site. Crimson Lightning: a shrine to Crim. ^_^ Hes so cute.
http://www.geocities.com/Crimlightning/
.hack//Kite
Player Character

Post by .hack//Kite »

Ohh yeah the H thingy!!! I don't really know what does it mean but I think that it could mean Hacker
What is happening? I feel pain....My Bracelet is broken!!
Guynietoren
Player Character

Post by Guynietoren »

Maybe in the character design phase of the project, everyone had face paint. And a symbol on the forehead was more passive than the markings the other chars had. She's more of a concervative character, not really a fighter or a hottie, just a cutie. So in the end it may have been there just for looks.
And the silver knights have masks as a symbol of lack of identity, or in servatude. Like the buddhist monks who shave their heads because hair is a sign of identity. It's like that anywhere though, being bald is it's own identity if you think about it. Maybe the monks are all uniform now, if anything.
K.K.C.
Lowbie

Post by K.K.C. »

well, you know, BT and Sora dont have any markings. Sora does have a scar on his cheek, but no markings. BT is just weird, me dont really like her much.
"Well, Im always Just myself!" - Crim

Please check out my site. Crimson Lightning: a shrine to Crim. ^_^ Hes so cute.
http://www.geocities.com/Crimlightning/
Invisible Egg!
Legend

Post by Invisible Egg! »

Well, it resembles an "h" if that's what you want to see. I've been searching for a little while, and the symbol on Subaru's forehead doesn't appear to match any Katakana symbol, nor does it match any Hebrew character, nor Astrological sign, nor Planet symbol, nor Greek letter, nor Cuneiform symbol, nor Phoenician letter, nor Cyrillic letter. I'll keep looking. :(

EDIT: Update! I think the symbol very closely resembles the Arabic letter "Jeem":

But it's not an exact match. I'll keep looking. *sigh*