End...?

.hack//Dusk (manga and anime) discussion. No spoilers!

Moderators: Sora, Balmung, Bear, Kite

apostle13
Player Character

End...?

Post by apostle13 »

So..that's it? They restarted the series on CN, right? Was that all 13 episodes? I didn't understand it if it was, could someone explain?
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Yes, that was the "ending" (if you're talking about that sudden unexplainable light that went 'shiiiiiiine' and then out of NOWHERE everything was saved); and no, it doesn't really qualify as an ending at all.

What is there to understand, I can't even say so myself. The anime just got wierd and left about a million holes unfilled o__o;
Hikaru
Lowbie

Post by Hikaru »

Did they restart it or did they show the ending on Friday? I tryed staying up for it, but I fell asleep on Friday and last Friday. I should tape it this Friday.
Wavemaster Minka
Player Character

Post by Wavemaster Minka »

I believe they only restarted the series, and nothing more.

That's twelve episodes, by the way.
Hikaru
Lowbie

Post by Hikaru »

12 episodes? That's a very short series. How come the .hack series are so short?
TheUltimateTwinBlade
Player Character

Post by TheUltimateTwinBlade »

and they didn't even show the real ending on CN , they left off with you thinking "ARE THEY ALL OKAY!?" instead of showing the after credit thing, the after credit thing better be on the dvd's
Mirielle-wait a minute... thats no ordinary shark,thats an extremely rare version!
Ouka-a super monster custom-made for this event!
Mirielle-I WANT IT I WANT IT
Ouka-FINALLY A WORTHY OPPONENT
"::gasp:: PEPPY did you grow..BOSOMS!?"-pepper anne
YamiJared
Eaten by the Puchiguso

Post by YamiJared »

Yea, even though I'm strongly againest the anime version, not even I can help feeling a bit P'ed off! the Real Ending already had enough plotholes, and now they didn't even show the real ending >.< oiiiii! oh well, atleast NOW we can make fanfiction alternate endings for that last episode, not taking into account the TRUE ending :P it might be fun
Rectos Dominos
Duskino
Legend

Post by Duskino »

Hikaru wrote:12 episodes? That's a very short series. How come the .hack series are so short?
If you're including SIGN in this, a lot of animes are only 26 episodes long, more or less. There are a few anime that have 15 episodes or less.

The UdeDen anime finished off before the manga was done. The manga is also only three volume's long.

I'm thinking the animators went, "... Allright folks, we're all out of ideas. Who's up for abruptly ending the series? *all hands go up* Raises for everyone!"

(Wouldn't at -all- be surprised ^____^)

And y'know, I never did finish that stick figure comic where I made up my own ending :B; I guess I should now... if I ever find the pages I drew already.
apostle13
Player Character

Post by apostle13 »

Hum. Maybe I will buy this DVD series. I didn't get to SIGN x.x; I'm poor, rofl.
Wavemaster Minka
Player Character

I can type up and post the actual ending if anyone would like me to. Since it's short it wouldn't be too much of a problem.
And why'know, I never did finish that stick figure comic where I made up my own ending :B; I guess I should now... if I ever find the pages I drew already.
Please do. =^_^=
apostle13
Player Character

Post by apostle13 »

Yes! Please do. I will be very thankful ^^;.
Wavemaster Minka
Player Character

Okay. ^^;; I'll try to provide a few screen shots too.
Xeno
Player Character

Post by Xeno »

Duskino wrote:And why'know, I never did finish that stick figure comic where I made up my own ending :B; I guess I should now... if I ever find the pages I drew already.
"Gah! We're in the land of nothing!"
"No you idiot, That's just the artist being to lazy to draw a background."

Good stuff Duskino.
You really should finish that.
Lycoris: What is the name of your spear?
Alberio: It is the Divine Spear of Wotan.
Lycoris: It is a Spear of God.
Alberio: That's right.
Epsilon
Lowbie

Post by Epsilon »

I have to admit, I was a little..dazed? by the ending on CN. Its not entirely a bad ending though. It kind of leaves you guessing, which happens in many series and regulars books as well. It does leave out the whole thought of what actually happens. But yes, in this case and series, I think it was meant to leave you wondering. Considering the fact that the series would never really end unless 'The World' was destroyed, ne? Anyways, over all, I think the .hack// animes are a little er.. how should I say this, spaced out? True, many holes were left unfilled, but it does broaden your horizons of imagination, if you ask me. I would like to see the real ending you speak of.. I guess it wouldn't hurt to buy the series on DVD *asks Santa for it* ^^!

My real intrest of the series is the characters and what they are like "IRL", I guess that's the whole reason I finished the series.
thedudewhosadude
Legend

Post by thedudewhosadude »

Well, the main IRL thing comes from 'Let's Meet Offline!" which I posted the script of here
You're only young once, but you're NEVER too old to be immature.